Technical Comparison of Treatment Efficiency of Magnetic Resonance-Guided Focused Ultrasound Thalamotomy and Pallidotomy in Skull Density Ratio-Matched Patient Cohorts.
Melhem, Elias R
Gullapalli, Rao P
Eisenberg, Howard M
Miller, Timothy R
JournalFrontiers in Neurology
PublisherFrontiers Media S.A.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTreatment characteristics were compared between patients treated with thalamotomy (n = 20) or pallidotomy (n = 20), matched by skull density ratios (SDR). Aspects of treatment efficiency were compared between these groups. Demographic and comparative statistics were conducted to assess these differences. Acoustic field simulations were performed to compare and validate the simulated temperature profile for VIM and GPi ablation.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 Ahmed, Guo, Kelm, Clanton, Melhem, Gullapalli, Ksendzovsky, Eisenberg, Miller and Gandhi.
Keywordfocused ultrasound (MRgFUS)
skull density ratio
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17932
- Predicting final lesion characteristics during MR-guided focused ultrasound pallidotomy for treatment of Parkinson's disease.
- Authors: Miller TR, Guo S, Melhem ER, Eisenberg HM, Zhuo J, Kelm N, Dayan M, Gullapalli RP, Gandhi D
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 24
- Patient-specific effects on sonication heating efficiency during magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound thalamotomy.
- Authors: Yang AI, Hitti FL, Alabi OO, Joshi D, Chaibainou H, Henry L, Clanton R, Baltuch GH
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- Safety and Efficacy of Magnetic Resonance-Guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery With Autofocusing Echo Imaging.
- Authors: Chang KW, Rachmilevitch I, Chang WS, Jung HH, Zadicario E, Prus O, Chang JW
- Issue date: 2020
- Magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound thalamotomy for tremor: a report of 30 Parkinson's disease and essential tremor cases.
- Authors: Zaaroor M, Sinai A, Goldsher D, Eran A, Nassar M, Schlesinger I
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- The relevance of skull density ratio in selecting candidates for transcranial MR-guided focused ultrasound.
- Authors: Boutet A, Gwun D, Gramer R, Ranjan M, Elias GJB, Tilden D, Huang Y, Li SX, Davidson B, Lu H, Tyrrell P, Jones RM, Fasano A, Hynynen K, Kucharczyk W, Schwartz ML, Lozano AM
- Issue date: 2019 May 3