JournalClinical Infectious Diseases : an Official Publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTO THE EDITOR—We agree that optimal drug doses in those ≥12 years of age have been similar to those identified for adults [1, 2]. Neither of our articles addressed the complexity of pediatric drug development [3, 4]. Importantly, the bar for vaccine licensure in healthy children is different from that for administration of a potentially lifesaving therapeutic. In addition, classic pharmacokinetic data (eg, clearance, volume of distribution) do not exist for locally administered vaccines. As such, we need to determine the vaccine dose and schedule from clinical trial data. While we can use “our present understanding of the developing human body”  as a starting point for rational clinical trials, we owe our children data on which to base vaccine licensure...
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17882
- Reply to W. E. Rosa et al and T. N. Townsend et al.
- Authors: Enzinger AC, Ghosh K, Keating NL, Cutler DM, Landrum MB, Wright AA
- Issue date: 2022 Jan 20
- Microsatellite analysis of Rosa damascena Mill. accessions reveals genetic similarity between genotypes used for rose oil production and old Damask rose varieties.
- Authors: Rusanov K, Kovacheva N, Vosman B, Zhang L, Rajapakse S, Atanassov A, Atanassov I
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- First Report of <i>Coniella granati</i> Associated with Dieback of Rose (<i>Rosa</i> sp.) in India.
- Authors: Mahadevakumar S, Deepika YS, Amruthesh KN, Lakshmidevi N
- Issue date: 2022 Apr
- Characterization of key aroma compounds from different rose essential oils using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, gas chromatography-olfactometry and partial least squares regression.
- Authors: Xiao Z, Luo J, Niu Y, Wu M
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Reply to M.S. Rajagopalan et al and P.G. Rose.
- Authors: Morice P, Gouy S, Querleu D, Leblanc E
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 1