Weight Change and Incident Distal Colorectal Adenoma Risk in the PLCO Cancer Screening Trial.
JournalJNCI Cancer Spectrum
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCompared with stable weight, weight loss during early-late adulthood was associated with reduced adenoma risk (OR = 0.54, 95% CI = 0.34 to 0.86), particularly among those who were overweight or obese at age 20 years (OR = 0.39, 95% CI = 0.18 to 0.84). Results were similar for early-middle adulthood but less pronounced for middle-late adulthood. Weight gain greater than 3 kg/5 years during early-late adulthood was associated with increased risk (OR = 1.30, 95% CI = 1.07 to 1.58, P trend < .001). Findings appeared stronger among men (OR for >3 kg/5 years = 1.41, 95% CI = 1.11 to 1.80) than women (OR = 1.09, 95% CI = 0.79 to 1.50, P interaction = .21).
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2022. Published by Oxford University Press.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17873
- Prospective investigation of body mass index, colorectal adenoma, and colorectal cancer in the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer screening trial.
- Authors: Kitahara CM, Berndt SI, de González AB, Coleman HG, Schoen RE, Hayes RB, Huang WY
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 1
- Case-control study of overweight, obesity, and colorectal cancer risk, overall and by tumor microsatellite instability status.
- Authors: Campbell PT, Jacobs ET, Ulrich CM, Figueiredo JC, Poynter JN, McLaughlin JR, Haile RW, Jacobs EJ, Newcomb PA, Potter JD, Le Marchand L, Green RC, Parfrey P, Younghusband HB, Cotterchio M, Gallinger S, Jenkins MA, Hopper JL, Baron JA, Thibodeau SN, Lindor NM, Limburg PJ, Martínez ME, Colon Cancer Family Registry
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 17
- Dietary fiber intake and risk of colorectal cancer and incident and recurrent adenoma in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial.
- Authors: Kunzmann AT, Coleman HG, Huang WY, Kitahara CM, Cantwell MM, Berndt SI
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Prediagnostic BMI trajectories in relation to pancreatic cancer risk in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial.
- Authors: Hoyt M, Song Y, Gao S, O'Palka J, Zhang J
- Issue date: 2022 Nov
- Carbohydrate, glycemic index, and glycemic load and colorectal adenomas in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian Screening Study.
- Authors: Flood A, Peters U, Jenkins DJ, Chatterjee N, Subar AF, Church TR, Bresalier R, Weissfeld JL, Hayes RB, Schatzkin A, Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, Ovarian (PLCO) Project Team
- Issue date: 2006 Nov