Sialidase Activity in the Cervicovaginal Fluid Is Associated With Changes in Bacterial Components of -Deprived Microbiota.
AuthorFerreira, Carolina Sanitá Tafner
Parada, Cristina M G L
da Silva, Marcia Guimaraes
JournalFrontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology
PublisherFrontiers Media S.A.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSialidase activity in the cervicovaginal fluid (CVF) is associated with microscopic findings of bacterial vaginosis (BV). Sequencing of bacterial 16S rRNA gene in vaginal samples has revealed that the majority of microscopic BV cases fit into vaginal community-state type IV (CST IV), which was recently named "molecular-BV." Bacterial vaginosis-associated bacterial species, such as Gardnerella spp., may act as sources of CVF sialidases. These hydrolases lead to impairment of local immunity and enable bacterial adhesion to epithelial and biofilm formation. However, the impact of CVL sialidase on microbiota components and diversity remains unknown.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 Ferreira, Marconi, Parada, Ravel and Silva.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17849
- Quantitation of all Four Gardnerella vaginalis Clades Detects Abnormal Vaginal Microbiota Characteristic of Bacterial Vaginosis More Accurately than Putative G. vaginalis Sialidase A Gene Count.
- Authors: Shipitsyna E, Krysanova A, Khayrullina G, Shalepo K, Savicheva A, Guschin A, Unemo M
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Gardnerella vaginalis clades in pregnancy: New insights into the interactions with the vaginal microbiome.
- Authors: Severgnini M, Morselli S, Camboni T, Ceccarani C, Salvo M, Zagonari S, Patuelli G, Pedna MF, Sambri V, Foschi C, Consolandi C, Marangoni A
- Issue date: 2022
- Composition of the vaginal microbiota in women of reproductive age--sensitive and specific molecular diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis is possible?
- Authors: Shipitsyna E, Roos A, Datcu R, Hallén A, Fredlund H, Jensen JS, Engstrand L, Unemo M
- Issue date: 2013
- Molecular assessment of bacterial vaginosis by Lactobacillus abundance and species diversity.
- Authors: Dols JA, Molenaar D, van der Helm JJ, Caspers MP, de Kat Angelino-Bart A, Schuren FH, Speksnijder AG, Westerhoff HV, Richardus JH, Boon ME, Reid G, de Vries HJ, Kort R
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 23
- Treatment of biofilms in bacterial vaginosis by an amphoteric tenside pessary-clinical study and microbiota analysis.
- Authors: Gottschick C, Deng ZL, Vital M, Masur C, Abels C, Pieper DH, Rohde M, Mendling W, Wagner-Döbler I
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 13