Accommodating Pharmacy Students With Physical Disabilities During the Experiential Learning Curricula.
Allen, Sheila M
Feemster, Agnes Ann
Walker, Paul C
JournalAmerican Journal of Pharmaceutical Education
PublisherAmerican Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAccommodating pharmacy students with physical disabilities during the experiential learning portion of the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) curriculum can present unique challenges for pharmacy schools. The available literature regarding accommodations for pharmacy students in the experiential learning environment is sparse, leaving programs with little guidance. This commentary from the Big Ten Academic Alliance calls on the Academy to create a community of shared resources and best practice examples and offers practical suggestions for accommodating pharmacy students with mobility, vision, and auditory disabilities during introductory pharmacy practice experiences (IPPEs) and advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs). © 2022 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
Rights/Terms© 2022 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17814
- Addressing the Challenges of Providing Accommodations for Pharmacy Students With Disabilities Across Learning Environments.
- Authors: Volino LR, Allen SM, Gallimore CE
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Experiential education accommodations for students with disabilities in United States pharmacy schools: An exploratory study.
- Authors: Spencer SA, Riley AC, Young SR
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Practice experiences at a single institutional practice site to improve advanced pharmacy practice examination performance.
- Authors: Dennis VC, Britton ML, Wheeler RE, Carter SM
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 17
- Expanding experiential opportunities through patient care services: a focus on immunizations.
- Authors: Soltis D, Flowers SK
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- A Qualitative Study Designed to Build an Experiential Education Curriculum for Practice-Ready Community Pharmacy-Bound Students.
- Authors: O'Sullivan TA, Sy E
- Issue date: 2017 Dec