The P300 acetyltransferase inhibitor C646 promotes membrane translocation of insulin receptor protein substrate and interaction with the insulin receptor.
Wolf, Risa M
White, Morris F
JournalJournal of Biological Chemistry
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInhibition of P300 acetyltransferase activity by specific inhibitor C646 has been shown to improve insulin signaling. However, the underlying molecular mechanism of this improvement remains unclear. In this study, we analyzed P300 levels of obese patients and found that they were significantly increased in liver hepatocytes. In addition, large amounts of P300 appeared in the cytoplasm. Inhibition of P300 acetyltransferase activity by C646 drastically increased tyrosine phosphorylation of the insulin receptor protein substrates (IRS1/2) without affecting the tyrosine phosphorylation of the beta subunit of the insulin receptor (IRβ) in hepatocytes in the absence of insulin. Since IRS1/2 requires membrane translocation and binding to inositol compounds for normal functions, we also examined the role of acetylation on binding to phosphatidylinositol(4,5)P2, and found that IRS1/2 acetylation by P300 reduced this binding. In contrast, we show that inhibition of IRS1/2 acetylation by C646 facilitates IRS1/2 membrane translocation. Intriguingly, we demonstrate that C646 activates IRβ's tyrosine kinase activity and directly promotes IRβ interaction with IRS1/2, leading to the tyrosine phosphorylation of IRS1/2 and subsequent activation of insulin signaling even in the absence of insulin. In conclusion, these data reveal the unique effects of C646 in activating insulin signaling in patients with obesity and diabetes.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17799
- The histone acetyltransferase p300 inhibitor C646 reduces pro-inflammatory gene expression and inhibits histone deacetylases.
- Authors: van den Bosch T, Boichenko A, Leus NGJ, Ourailidou ME, Wapenaar H, Rotili D, Mai A, Imhof A, Bischoff R, Haisma HJ, Dekker FJ
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 15
- Virtual ligand screening of the p300/CBP histone acetyltransferase: identification of a selective small molecule inhibitor.
- Authors: Bowers EM, Yan G, Mukherjee C, Orry A, Wang L, Holbert MA, Crump NT, Hazzalin CA, Liszczak G, Yuan H, Larocca C, Saldanha SA, Abagyan R, Sun Y, Meyers DJ, Marmorstein R, Mahadevan LC, Alani RM, Cole PA
- Issue date: 2010 May 28
- A histone acetyltransferase p300 inhibitor C646 induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis selectively in AML1-ETO-positive AML cells.
- Authors: Gao XN, Lin J, Ning QY, Gao L, Yao YS, Zhou JH, Li YH, Wang LL, Yu L
- Issue date: 2013
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of a new class of histone acetyltransferase p300 inhibitors.
- Authors: Liu R, Zhang Z, Yang H, Zhou K, Geng M, Zhou W, Zhang M, Huang X, Li Y
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 15
- Acetylation dependent functions of Rab22a-NeoF1 Fusion Protein in Osteosarcoma.
- Authors: Liang X, Wang X, He Y, Wu Y, Zhong L, Liu W, Liao D, Kang T
- Issue date: 2020