Cost-effective proactive testing strategies during COVID-19 mass vaccination: A modelling study.
Fitzpatrick, Meagan C
Pastore y Piontti, Ana
Galvani, Alison P
Cowling, Benjamin J
Meyers, Lauren Ancel
JournalLancet Regional Health. Americas
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAssuming a willingness-to-pay of US$100,000 per averted year of life lost (YLL) and a price of $10 per test, the optimal strategy under a rapid transmission scenario (Re ∼ 2.5) is daily testing until one third of the population is immunized and then weekly testing until half the population is immunized, combined with a 10-day isolation period of positive cases and their households. Under a low transmission scenario (Re ∼ 1.2), the optimal sequence is weekly testing until the population reaches 10% partial immunity, followed by monthly testing until 20% partial immunity, and no testing thereafter.
Rights/Terms© 2022 The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17791
- Comparative cost-effectiveness of SARS-CoV-2 testing strategies in the USA: a modelling study.
- Authors: Du Z, Pandey A, Bai Y, Fitzpatrick MC, Chinazzi M, Pastore Y Piontti A, Lachmann M, Vespignani A, Cowling BJ, Galvani AP, Meyers LA
- Issue date: 2021 Mar
- Modelling of hypothetical SARS-CoV-2 point of care tests for routine testing in residential care homes: rapid cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Authors: Stevenson M, Metry A, Messenger M
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- The potential health and economic value of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination alongside physical distancing in the UK: a transmission model-based future scenario analysis and economic evaluation.
- Authors: Sandmann FG, Davies NG, Vassall A, Edmunds WJ, Jit M, Centre for the Mathematical Modelling of Infectious Diseases COVID-19 working group.
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Universal screening for SARS-CoV-2 infection: a rapid review.
- Authors: Viswanathan M, Kahwati L, Jahn B, Giger K, Dobrescu AI, Hill C, Klerings I, Meixner J, Persad E, Teufer B, Gartlehner G
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 15
- Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of four different strategies for SARS-CoV-2 surveillance in the general population (CoV-Surv Study): a structured summary of a study protocol for a cluster-randomised, two-factorial controlled trial.
- Authors: Deckert A, Anders S, de Allegri M, Nguyen HT, Souares A, McMahon S, Boerner K, Meurer M, Herbst K, Sand M, Koeppel L, Siems T, Brugnara L, Brenner S, Burk R, Lou D, Kirrmaier D, Duan Y, Ovchinnikova S, Marx M, Kräusslich HG, Knop M, Bärnighausen T, Denkinger C
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 8