Vitreous microparticles contain apoptotic signals suggesting a diabetic vitreopathy.
Rao, Prabakar Kumar
Piggott, Kisha Deslee
Paley, Michael A
Hassman, Lynn Marisa
Li, Albert S
Apte, Rajendra Shridhar
JournalInternational Journal of Ophthalmology
PublisherPress of International Journal of Ophthalmology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThirty-four specimens underwent analysis. Greater levels of Annexin-V were found on microparticles from specimens in which blood had entered the vitreous (n=12) compared to those without blood (n=22; 52.3%±30.7% vs 19.6%±27.2%, P=0.002). Patients with diabetes having surgery with hemorrhage (n=7) had greater expression of Annexin-V than those without hemorrhage (n=8; 62.1%±31.7% vs 18.9%±20.9%, P=0.009). However, in patients with non-diabetic vitreous hemorrhage, the level of Annexin-V expression was not significantly different compared to other disease processes (38.6%±25.7%, n=5 vs 20.0%±30.9%, n=14, P=0.087).
Rights/TermsInternational Journal of Ophthalmology Press.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17751
- Randomized clinical trial evaluating intravitreal ranibizumab or saline for vitreous hemorrhage from proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- Authors: Diabetic Retinopathy Clinical Research Network*.
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Increased vitreous shedding of microparticles in proliferative diabetic retinopathy stimulates endothelial proliferation.
- Authors: Chahed S, Leroyer AS, Benzerroug M, Gaucher D, Georgescu A, Picaud S, Silvestre JS, Gaudric A, Tedgui A, Massin P, Boulanger CM
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Visual Acuity, Vitreous Hemorrhage, and Other Ocular Outcomes After Vitrectomy vs Aflibercept for Vitreous Hemorrhage Due to Diabetic Retinopathy: A Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Glassman AR, Beaulieu WT, Maguire MG, Antoszyk AN, Chow CC, Elman MJ, Jampol LM, Salehi-Had H, Sun JK, DRCR Retina Network.
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 1
- Visual outcomes and complications following one-way air-fluid exchange technique for vitreous hemorrhage post vitrectomy in proliferative diabetic retinopathy patients.
- Authors: Wang Q, Zhao J, Xu Q, Han C, Hou B, Huang Y
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 9
- Ultra-widefield fluorescein angiographic findings in patients with recurrent vitreous hemorrhage after diabetic vitrectomy.
- Authors: Kim DY, Kim JG, Kim YJ, Joe SG, Lee JY
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 8