Ischemic Cholangiopathy Postdonation After Circulatory Death Liver Transplantation: Donor Hepatectomy Time Matters.
Gray, Stephen H
Barth, Rolf N
LaMattina, John C
PublisherWolters Kluwer Health
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe identified 112 patients; 44 were in the historic group and 68 in the modern group. Donors in the historic group were younger (26.5 versus 33, P = 0.007) and had a lower body mass index (26.2 versus 28.2, P = 0.007). DHT (min) and CIT (h) were significantly longer in the historic group (21.5 versus 14, P < 0.001 and 5.3 versus 4.2, P < 0.001, respectively). Fourteen patients (12.5%) developed IC, with a significantly higher incidence in the historic group (23.3% versus 6.1%, P = 0.02). There was no difference in graft and patient survival between both groups.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 The Author(s). Transplantation Direct. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17604
- Optimization of Perioperative Conditions to Prevent Ischemic Cholangiopathy in Donation After Circulatory Death Donor Liver Transplantation.
- Authors: Kubal C, Mangus R, Fridell J, Saxena R, Rush N, Wingler M, Ekser B, Tector J
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Expanding the Donor Pool With the Use of Extended Criteria Donation After Circulatory Death Livers.
- Authors: Mihaylov P, Mangus R, Ekser B, Cabrales A, Timsina L, Fridell J, Lacerda M, Ghabril M, Nephew L, Chalasani N, Kubal CA
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Biliary complications after liver transplantation from donation after cardiac death donors: an analysis of risk factors and long-term outcomes from a single center.
- Authors: Foley DP, Fernandez LA, Leverson G, Anderson M, Mezrich J, Sollinger HW, D'Alessandro A
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Impact of the donor hepatectomy time on short-term outcomes in liver transplantation using donation after circulatory death: A review of the US national registry.
- Authors: Bekki Y, Kozato A, Kusakabe J, Tajima T, Fujiki M, Gallo A, Melcher ML, Bonham CA, Sasaki K
- Issue date: 2022 Sep
- Comparison of longterm outcomes and quality of life in recipients of donation after cardiac death liver grafts with a propensity-matched cohort.
- Authors: Croome KP, Lee DD, Perry DK, Burns JM, Nguyen JH, Keaveny AP, Taner CB
- Issue date: 2017 Mar