Epigenetic marker of telomeric age is associated with exacerbations and hospitalizations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
AuthorHernández Cordero, Ana I
Yang, Chen Xi
Criner, Gerard J
Woodruff, Prescott G
Lazarus, Stephen C
Connett, John E
Han, MeiLan K
Martinez, Fernando J
Reed, Robert M
Man, S F Paul
Leung, Janice M
Sin, Don D
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractParticipants with short DNAmTL demonstrated increased risk of exacerbation (P = 0.02) and hospitalization (P = 0.03) compared to those with longer DNAmTL. DNAmTL age acceleration was associated with higher rates of exacerbation (P = 1.35 × 10-04) and hospitalization (P = 5.21 × 10-03) and poor health status (lower SGRQ scores) independent of chronological age (P = 0.03).
Rights/Terms© 2021. The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17579
- Relationship of Absolute Telomere Length With Quality of Life, Exacerbations, and Mortality in COPD.
- Authors: Jin M, Lee EC, Ra SW, Fishbane N, Tam S, Criner GJ, Woodruff PG, Lazarus SC, Albert R, Connett JE, Han MK, Martinez FJ, Aaron SD, Reed RM, Man SFP, Leung JM, Sin DD
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Impact of COPD exacerbations leading to hospitalization on general and disease-specific quality of life.
- Authors: Camac ER, Voelker H, Criner GJ, COPD Clinical Research Network and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Issue date: 2021 Sep
- Azithromycin and risk of COPD exacerbations in patients with and without Helicobacter pylori.
- Authors: Ra SW, Sze MA, Lee EC, Tam S, Oh Y, Fishbane N, Criner GJ, Woodruff PG, Lazarus SC, Albert R, Connett JE, Han MK, Martinez FJ, Aaron SD, Reed RM, Man SFP, Sin DD, Canadian Respiratory Research Network
- Issue date: 2017 May 30
- Prophylactic antibiotics for adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a network meta-analysis.
- Authors: Janjua S, Mathioudakis AG, Fortescue R, Walker RA, Sharif S, Threapleton CJ, Dias S
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 15
- Predictors of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation reduction in response to daily azithromycin therapy.
- Authors: Han MK, Tayob N, Murray S, Dransfield MT, Washko G, Scanlon PD, Criner GJ, Casaburi R, Connett J, Lazarus SC, Albert R, Woodruff P, Martinez FJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 15