AuthorBryant, Curtis M
Henderson, Randal H
Nichols, R Charles
Mendenhall, William M
Hoppe, Bradford S
Vargas, Carlos E
Daniels, Thomas B
Choo, C Richard
Parikh, Rahul R
Slater, Jerry D
Mishra, Mark V
Liao, Jay J
Mendenhall, Nancy P
JournalInternational Journal of Particle Therapy
PublisherInternational Journal of Particle Therapy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractProton therapy is a promising but controversial treatment in the management of prostate cancer. Despite its dosimetric advantages when compared with photon radiation therapy, its increased cost to patients and insurers has raised questions regarding its value. Multiple prospective and retrospective studies have been published documenting the efficacy and safety of proton therapy for patients with localized prostate cancer and for patients requiring adjuvant or salvage pelvic radiation after surgery. The Particle Therapy Co-Operative Group (PTCOG) Genitourinary Subcommittee intends to address current proton therapy indications, advantages, disadvantages, and cost effectiveness. We will also discuss the current landscape of clinical trials. This consensus report can be used to guide clinical practice and research directions.
Rights/Terms©Copyright 2021 The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17058
- Consensus Statement on Proton Therapy in Early-Stage and Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Chang JY, Jabbour SK, De Ruysscher D, Schild SE, Simone CB 2nd, Rengan R, Feigenberg S, Khan AJ, Choi NC, Bradley JD, Zhu XR, Lomax AJ, Hoppe BS, International Particle Therapy Co-operative Group (PTCOG) Thoracic Subcommittee.
- Issue date: 2016 May 1
- Controversies in proton therapy for prostate cancer.
- Authors: Bryant C, Henderson RH, Hoppe BS, Mendenhall WM, Nichols RC, Su Z, Li Z, Mendenhall NP
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- PTCOG Head and Neck Subcommittee Consensus Guidelines on Particle Therapy for the Management of Head and Neck Tumors.
- Authors: Lin A, Chang JHC, Grover RS, Hoebers FJP, Parvathaneni U, Patel SH, Thariat J, Thomson DJ, Langendijk JA, Frank SJ
- Issue date: 2021 Summer
- Robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery for gynecologic and urologic oncology: an evidence-based analysis.
- Authors: Medical Advisory Secretariat.
- Issue date: 2010
- Proton therapy for pediatric malignancies: Fact, figures and costs. A joint consensus statement from the pediatric subcommittee of PTCOG, PROS and EPTN.
- Authors: Weber DC, Habrand JL, Hoppe BS, Hill Kayser C, Laack NN, Langendijk JA, MacDonald SM, McGovern SL, Pater L, Perentesis JP, Thariat J, Timmerman B, Yock TI, Mahajan A
- Issue date: 2018 Jul