Dual-Cycle Constrained Bijective VAE-GAN for Tagged-to-Cine Magnetic ResonanceE Image Synthesis
Prince, Jerry L
El Fakhri, Georges
JournalProceedings. IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTagged magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a widely used imaging technique for measuring tissue deformation in moving organs. Due to tagged MRI's intrinsic low anatomical resolution, another matching set of cine MRI with higher resolution is sometimes acquired in the same scanning session to facilitate tissue segmentation, thus adding extra time and cost. To mitigate this, in this work, we propose a novel dual-cycle constrained bijective VAE-GAN approach to carry out tagged-to-cine MR image synthesis. Our method is based on a variational autoencoder backbone with cycle reconstruction constrained adversarial training to yield accurate and realistic cine MR images given tagged MR images. Our framework has been trained, validated, and tested using 1,768, 416, and 1,560 subject-independent paired slices of tagged and cine MRI from twenty healthy subjects, respectively, demonstrating superior performance over the comparison methods. Our method can potentially be used to reduce the extra acquisition time and cost, while maintaining the same workflow for further motion analyses.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17043
- Temporally aware volumetric generative adversarial network-based MR image reconstruction with simultaneous respiratory motion compensation: Initial feasibility in 3D dynamic cine cardiac MRI.
- Authors: Ghodrati V, Bydder M, Bedayat A, Prosper A, Yoshida T, Nguyen KL, Finn JP, Hu P
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- Shape constrained fully convolutional DenseNet with adversarial training for multiorgan segmentation on head and neck CT and low-field MR images.
- Authors: Tong N, Gou S, Yang S, Cao M, Sheng K
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Super-Resolution of Cardiac MR Cine Imaging using Conditional GANs and Unsupervised Transfer Learning.
- Authors: Xia Y, Ravikumar N, Greenwood JP, Neubauer S, Petersen SE, Frangi AF
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- High tissue contrast image synthesis via multistage attention-GAN: Application to segmenting brain MR scans.
- Authors: Hamghalam M, Wang T, Lei B
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Generative Self-training for Cross-domain Unsupervised Tagged-to-Cine MRI Synthesis.
- Authors: Liu X, Xing F, Stone M, Zhuo J, Reese T, Prince JL, Fakhri GE, Woo J
- Issue date: 2021