Telehealth Adaptation for Multidisciplinary Colorectal Cancer Clinic During the COVID-19 Pandemic
AuthorAghedo, Blessing O
Wolf, Joshua H
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: The study objectives were to transition in-person colorectal cancer multidisciplinary clinic (MDC) to a telehealth MDC (tele-MDC) format and to assess early outcomes. Methods: A colorectal tele-MDC was devised, in which patients used remote-access technology while supervised by a clinician. The team consisted of surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, and pathologists. Outcomes were assessed with patient and provider surveys, using a 5-point Likert scale (higher = more favorable). Results: A total of 18 patients participated in the tele-MDC. Surveyed patients (n=18) and physicians (n=19) were satisfied with the quality of care (mean Likert = 4.93, 4.53, respectively), and low standard deviations (range 0-1.03) across all questions reflected homogeneity in satisfaction with the metrics surveyed. Conclusions: This pilot study demonstrates that a functional colorectal cancer tele-MDC is a feasible alternative to in-person MDC during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, with the potential for a high degree of patient and physician satisfaction.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16903
- How the COVID-19 Pandemic Impacted Medical Education during the Last Year of Medical School: A Class Survey.
- Authors: Franklin G, Martin C, Ruszaj M, Matin M, Kataria A, Hu J, Brickman A, Elkin PL
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 30
- Patient and physician perceptions of lung cancer care in a multidisciplinary clinic model.
- Authors: Linford G, Egan R, Coderre-Ball A, Dalgarno N, Stone CJL, Robinson A, Robinson D, Wakeham S, Digby GC
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Ambulatory neurosurgery in the COVID-19 era: patient and provider satisfaction with telemedicine.
- Authors: Mohanty A, Srinivasan VM, Burkhardt JK, Johnson J, Patel AJ, Sheth SA, Viswanathan A, Yoshor D, Kan P
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Patient satisfaction with telehealth consultations in medical oncology clinics: A cross-sectional study at a metropolitan centre during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Authors: O Parsonson A, Grimison P, Boyer M, Horvath L, Mahon K, Beith J, Kao S, Hui M, Sutherland S, Kumar S, Heller G, McNeil C
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 16
- Improving Timeliness of Oncology Assessment and Cancer Treatment Through Implementation of a Multidisciplinary Lung Cancer Clinic.
- Authors: Stone CJL, Robinson A, Brown E, Mates M, Falkson CB, Owen T, Ashworth A, Parker CM, Mahmud A, Tomiak A, Thain SK, Gregg R, Reid KR, Chung W, Digby GC
- Issue date: 2019 Feb