Targeting the CD27-CD70 Pathway to Improve Outcomes in Both Checkpoint Immunotherapy and Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
JournalFrontiers in Immunology Open Access
PublisherFrontiers Media S.A.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImmune checkpoint inhibitor therapies and allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant (alloHCT) represent two distinct modalities that offer a chance for long-term cure in a diverse array of malignancies and have experienced many breakthroughs in recent years. Herein, we review the CD27-CD70 co-stimulatory pathway and its therapeutic potential in 1) combination with checkpoint inhibitor and other immune therapies and 2) its potential ability to serve as a novel approach in graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) prevention. We further review recent advances in the understanding of GVHD as a complex immune phenomenon between donor and host immune systems, particularly in the early stages with mixed chimerism, and potential novel therapeutic approaches to prevent the development of GVHD.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 Lutfi, Wu, Sunshine and Cao.
allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant (alloHCT)
graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16855
- Post-transplantation cyclophosphamide reduces the incidence of acute graft-versus-host disease in patients with acute myeloid leukemia/myelodysplastic syndromes who receive immune checkpoint inhibitors after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Authors: Saberian C, Abdel-Wahab N, Abudayyeh A, Rafei H, Joseph J, Rondon G, Whited L, Gruschkus S, Fa'ak F, Daher M, Knape C, Safa H, Shoukier M, Suarez-Almazor ME, Marcotulli M, Ludford K, Gulbis AM, Konopleva M, Ohanian M, Ravandi F, Garcia-Manero G, Oran B, Popat UR, Mehta R, Alousi AM, Daver N, Champlin R, Diab A, Al-Atrash G
- Issue date: 2021 Feb
- Editorial: Interferons and GvHD.
- Authors: Kim B, Choi J
- Issue date: 2022
- T Cell-Derived CD70 Delivers an Immune Checkpoint Function in Inflammatory T Cell Responses.
- Authors: O'Neill RE, Du W, Mohammadpour H, Alqassim E, Qiu J, Chen G, McCarthy PL, Lee KP, Cao X
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 15
- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation without myeloablative conditioning for patients with advanced hematologic malignancies.
- Authors: Gürman G, Arat M, Ilhan O, Konuk N, Beksaç M, Celebi H, Ozcan M, Arslan O, Ustün C, Akan H, Uysal A, Koç H
- Issue date: 2001