JournalBMJ Case Reports
PublisherBMJ Publishing Group
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRemdesivir is an antiviral used for the treatment of COVID-19 requiring hospitalisation. Information on its cardiovascular safety profile is scarce. We report the case of a 37-year-old man with COVID-19 who developed bradycardia after receiving remdesivir. We recommend a baseline ECG for all patients prior to receiving remdesivir and continuous cardiac monitoring during treatment, especially among those with underlying cardiovascular disease, elderly and using β-blockers.
Rights/Terms© BMJ Publishing Group Limited 2021. No commercial re-use. See rights and permissions. Published by BMJ.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16710
- Sinus Bradycardia in a Pediatric Patient Treated With Remdesivir for Acute Coronavirus Disease 2019: A Case Report and a Review of the Literature.
- Authors: Chow EJ, Maust B, Kazmier KM, Stokes C
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 27
- Remdesivir in the COVID-19 Pandemic: An Analysis of Spontaneous Reports in VigiBase During 2020.
- Authors: Rocca E, Gauffin O, Savage R, Vidlin SH, Grundmark B
- Issue date: 2021 Sep
- Bradycardia associated with remdesivir therapy for COVID-19 in a 59-year-old man.
- Authors: Day LB, Abdel-Qadir H, Fralick M
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 26
- Safety and heart rate changes in Covid-19 patients treated with Remdesivir.
- Authors: Brunetti ND, Poliseno M, Bottalico IF, Centola A, Montemurro L, Sica S, Santantonio T, Lo Caputo S
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- Remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19.
- Authors: Ansems K, Grundeis F, Dahms K, Mikolajewska A, Thieme V, Piechotta V, Metzendorf MI, Stegemann M, Benstoem C, Fichtner F
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 5