Multi-Generational Review of Oncologic Tumors in a Family With TP53 Mutation Presenting With a Pediatric Patient With Osteosarcoma and Lung Acinar Adenocarcinoma.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTP53 mutation, Li-Fraumeni syndrome (LFS), is a syndrome that leads to a hereditary cancer predisposition. Here we describe the case of a 13-year-old male who presented with osteosarcoma, family history of LFS, who developed a second primary tumor of the lung. No other similar cases have been reported. After this osteosarcoma diagnosis, he had pre-operative imaging, which included a positron emission tomography (PET) combined with CT (PET/CT) chest. This revealed a subpleural nodule in the lung of unclear etiology. After completing initial therapy, a repeat chest CT showed that the nodule persisted. Pathology revealed an acinar adenocarcinoma. This tumor is not common in pediatric LFS patients.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021, Butt et al.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16694
- Clinical spectrum of Li-Fraumeni syndrome/Li-Fraumeni-like syndrome in Brazilian individuals with the TP53 p.R337H mutation.
- Authors: Ferreira AM, Brondani VB, Helena VP, Charchar HLS, Zerbini MCN, Leite LAS, Hoff AO, Latronico AC, Mendonca BB, Diz MDPE, de Almeida MQ, Fragoso MCBV
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Molecular diagnosis and clinical outcome of a lung cancer patient with <i>TP53</i>-E285K mutated Li-Fraumeni syndrome harboring a somatic <i>EGFR</i>-KDD mutation.
- Authors: Yang D, Han X, Li D, Cui S, Liu S, Wu X, Dai Z
- Issue date: 2020
- TP53 intron 1 hotspot rearrangements are specific to sporadic osteosarcoma and can cause Li-Fraumeni syndrome.
- Authors: Ribi S, Baumhoer D, Lee K, Edison, Teo AS, Madan B, Zhang K, Kohlmann WK, Yao F, Lee WH, Hoi Q, Cai S, Woo XY, Tan P, Jundt G, Smida J, Nathrath M, Sung WK, Schiffman JD, Virshup DM, Hillmer AM
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 10
- [A rhabdomyosarcoma patient from a Li-Fraumeni syndrome family: a case report and literature review].
- Authors: Xie Y, Zhao WH, Hua Y, Sun Q, Wu PH
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Pediatric oncologist willingness to offer germline TP53 testing in osteosarcoma.
- Authors: Shaul E, Roth M, Lo Y, Geller DS, Hoang B, Yang R, Malkin D, Gorlick R, Gill J
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 15