Building a pipeline of community-engaged researchers: How interdisciplinary translational research training programs can collaborate with their Community Research Advisory Councils
AuthorLaFave, Sarah E
Wallace, Duane J
Kalil, Graziela Z
Himmelfarb, Cheryl R
JournalJournal of Clinical and Translational Science
PublisherCambridge University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCommunity research advisory councils (C-RAC) bring together community members with interest in research to support design, evaluation, and dissemination of research in the communities they represent. There are few ways for early career researchers, such as TL1 trainees, to develop skills in community-engaged research, and there are limited opportunities for C-RAC members to influence early career researchers. In our novel training collaboration, TL1 trainees presented their research projects to C-RAC members who provided feedback. We present on initial evidence of student learning and summarize lessons learned that TL1 programs and C-RACs can incorporate into future collaborations.
Rights/Terms© The Association for Clinical and Translational Science 2021.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16683
- Ready or not? Observations from a long-standing community engagement advisory board about investigator competencies for community-engaged research.
- Authors: Matthews AK, Castillo A, Anderson E, Willis M, Choure W, Rak K, Ruiz R
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Report of the 2018-2019 Research and Graduate Affairs Committee.
- Authors: O'Donnell JM, Anand S, Brown SD, Fuji KT, Guy RK, Kawaguchi-Suzuki M, Meier KE, Nelson CE, Vyas A, Block KF, Farrell DF
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Capacity building and mentorship among pan-Canadian early career researchers in community-based primary health care.
- Authors: Nicholson K, Ganann R, Bookey-Bassett S, Garland Baird L, Garnett A, Marshall Z, Khan AI, Pirrie M, Sasseville M, Ben Charif A, Poitras MÈ, Kyoon-Achan G, Dionne É, Hassani K, Stewart M
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 6
- Mental health research in primary care: mandates from a community advisory board.
- Authors: Chené R, García L, Goldstrom M, Pino M, Roach DP, Thunderchief W, Waitzkin H
- Issue date: 2005 Jan-Feb
- Patient and Family Advisory Councils (PFACs): Identifying Challenges and Solutions to Support Engagement in Research.
- Authors: Harrison JD, Anderson WG, Fagan M, Robinson E, Schnipper J, Symczak G, Hanson C, Carnie MB, Banta J, Chen S, Duong J, Wong C, Auerbach AD
- Issue date: 2018 Aug