Human-SARS-CoV-2 interactome and human genetic diversity: TMPRSS2-rs2070788, associated with severe influenza, and its population genetics caveats in Native Americans
AuthorKehdy, Fernanda S G
Scudeler, Mariana M
Michelin, Lucas A
Furlan, Vinicius C
Aquino, Marla M
Santolalla, Meddly L
Soares-Souza, Giordano B
Neira, Cesar Sanchez
Aguiar, Renato S
Verdugo, Ricardo A
O Connor, Timothy D
Leal, Thiago P
JournalGenetics and Molecular Biology
PublisherSociedade Brasileira de Genética
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFor human/SARS-CoV-2 interactome genes ACE2, TMPRSS2 and BSG, there is a convincing evidence of association in Asians with influenza-induced SARS for TMPRSS2-rs2070788, tag-SNP of the eQTL rs383510. This case illustrates the importance of population genetics and of sequencing data in the design of genetic association studies in different human populations: the high linkage disequilibrium (LD) between rs2070788 and rs383510 is Asian-specific. Leveraging on a combination of genotyping and sequencing data for Native Americans (neglected in genetic studies), we show that while their frequencies of the Asian tag-SNP rs2070788 is, surprisingly, the highest worldwide, it is not in LD with the eQTL rs383510, that therefore, should be directly genotyped in genetic association studies of SARS in populations with Native American ancestry.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16505
- Genetic association of TMPRSS2 rs2070788 polymorphism with COVID-19 case fatality rate among Indian populations.
- Authors: Pandey RK, Srivastava A, Singh PP, Chaubey G
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- <i>Transmembrane serine protease 2</i> Polymorphisms and Susceptibility to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Type 2 Infection: A German Case-Control Study.
- Authors: Schönfelder K, Breuckmann K, Elsner C, Dittmer U, Fistera D, Herbstreit F, Risse J, Schmidt K, Sutharsan S, Taube C, Jöckel KH, Siffert W, Kribben A, Möhlendick B
- Issue date: 2021
- Genetic variants that influence SARS-CoV-2 receptor TMPRSS2 expression among population cohorts from multiple continents.
- Authors: Irham LM, Chou WH, Calkins MJ, Adikusuma W, Hsieh SL, Chang WC
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 20
- Identification of TMPRSS2 as a Susceptibility Gene for Severe 2009 Pandemic A(H1N1) Influenza and A(H7N9) Influenza.
- Authors: Cheng Z, Zhou J, To KK, Chu H, Li C, Wang D, Yang D, Zheng S, Hao K, Bossé Y, Obeidat M, Brandsma CA, Song YQ, Chen Y, Zheng BJ, Li L, Yuen KY
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 15
- New insights into genetic susceptibility of COVID-19: an ACE2 and TMPRSS2 polymorphism analysis.
- Authors: Hou Y, Zhao J, Martin W, Kallianpur A, Chung MK, Jehi L, Sharifi N, Erzurum S, Eng C, Cheng F
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 15