Non-Infectious Granulomatous Lung Disease: Imaging Findings with Pathologic Correlation
Franks, Teri J
Galvin, Jeffrey R
Lee, Kyung Soo
JournalKorean Journal of Radiology
PublisherKorean Radiological Society
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNon-infectious granulomatous lung disease represents a diverse group of disorders characterized by pulmonary opacities associated with granulomatous inflammation, a relatively nonspecific finding commonly encountered by pathologists. Some lesions may present a diagnostic challenge because of nonspecific imaging features; however, recognition of the various imaging manifestations of these disorders in conjunction with patients' clinical history, such as age, symptom onset and duration, immune status, and presence of asthma or cutaneous lesions, is imperative for narrowing the differential diagnosis and determining appropriate management of this rare group of disorders. In this pictorial review, we describe the pathologic findings of various non-infectious granulomatous lung diseases as well as the radiologic features and high-resolution computed tomography imaging features.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 The Korean Society of Radiology.
KeywordGranulomatous lung disease
High-resolution computed tomography
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16461
- CT of noninfectious granulomatous lung disease.
- Authors: Zinck SE, Schwartz E, Berry GJ, Leung AN
- Issue date: 2001 Nov
- [Granulomatous diseases and pathogenic microorganism].
- Authors: Inoue Y, Suga M
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Idiopathic granulomatous bronchitis. An unusual form of known granulomatous lung diseases or an unknown disease?
- Authors: Ichikawa Y, Tokunaga N, Kinoshita M, Yano T, Oizumi K
- Issue date: 1992 Mar
- The spectrum of eosinophilic lung disease: radiologic findings.
- Authors: Kim Y, Lee KS, Choi DC, Primack SL, Im JG
- Issue date: 1997 Nov-Dec
- [Computed tomography findings in pulmonary involvement of Wegener's granulomatosis: pictorial review].
- Authors: Poyraz N, Korkmaz C, Yavşan DM, Keskin S, Teke T, Ödev K
- Issue date: 2015