Non-Infectious Granulomatous Lung Disease: Imaging Findings with Pathologic Correlation
Franks, Teri J
Galvin, Jeffrey R
Lee, Kyung Soo
JournalKorean Journal of Radiology
PublisherKorean Radiological Society
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNon-infectious granulomatous lung disease represents a diverse group of disorders characterized by pulmonary opacities associated with granulomatous inflammation, a relatively nonspecific finding commonly encountered by pathologists. Some lesions may present a diagnostic challenge because of nonspecific imaging features; however, recognition of the various imaging manifestations of these disorders in conjunction with patients' clinical history, such as age, symptom onset and duration, immune status, and presence of asthma or cutaneous lesions, is imperative for narrowing the differential diagnosis and determining appropriate management of this rare group of disorders. In this pictorial review, we describe the pathologic findings of various non-infectious granulomatous lung diseases as well as the radiologic features and high-resolution computed tomography imaging features.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 The Korean Society of Radiology.
KeywordGranulomatous lung disease
High-resolution computed tomography
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16461
- [Granulomatous diseases and pathogenic microorganism].
- Authors: Inoue Y, Suga M
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Pulmonary angiitis and granulomatosis: radiologic-pathologic correlation.
- Authors: Frazier AA, Rosado-de-Christenson ML, Galvin JR, Fleming MV
- Issue date: 1998 May-Jun
- Differential diagnosis of granulomatous lung disease: clues and pitfalls: Number 4 in the Series "Pathology for the clinician" Edited by Peter Dorfmüller and Alberto Cavazza.
- Authors: Ohshimo S, Guzman J, Costabel U, Bonella F
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 30
- Surgical pathology of the lung in Wegener's granulomatosis. Review of 87 open lung biopsies from 67 patients.
- Authors: Travis WD, Hoffman GS, Leavitt RY, Pass HI, Fauci AS
- Issue date: 1991 Apr
- Cutaneous pathology in Wegener's granulomatosis. A clinicopathologic study of 75 biopsies in 46 patients.
- Authors: Barksdale SK, Hallahan CW, Kerr GS, Fauci AS, Stern JB, Travis WD
- Issue date: 1995 Feb