A Survey of Pharmacogenomics Testing Among Physicians, Pharmacists, and Researchers From China
JournalFrontiers in Pharmacology
PublisherFrontiers Media S.A.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo elucidate current domestic factors influencing pharmacogenomics (PGx) implementation and its future in China, we conducted a questionnaire survey on PGx applications and testing. A questionnaire-based survey was created on the popular online professional survey platform "Wenjuanxing" (www.wjx.cn) and performed via the social media platform WeChat. Among 422 participants, there were physicians (27.7%), pharmacists (31.3%), and researchers (41.0%). We found that less than 50% of physicians were aware of the importance of PGx in drug therapy, while over 50% of pharmacists and researchers recognized the importance. Only 38.5% of physicians, 40.9% of pharmacists, and 55.5% of researchers concurred that PGx analysis could lower the economic burdens for patients. However, most of the responders affirmed that PGx should be effectively implemented in clinical practices. A lack of sector standards, a lack of clinical research, and a lack of guidelines were found to be the major factors for hindering PGx clinical application. Among drugs associated with PGx assays, the most common were warfarin and clopidogrel. Although PGx research has advanced rapidly in recent years in mainland China, the clinical implementation of PGx has a long way to go.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 Guo, Hu, Guo, Meng, Kuang, Huang, Wang, Xu, Zhao, Yang, Cai and Shu.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16285
- Results of a nationwide survey of Japanese pharmacists regarding the application of pharmacogenomic testing in precision medicine.
- Authors: Tsuji D, Saito Y, Mushiroda T, Miura M, Hira D, Terada T
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Implementation of a pharmacist-provided pharmacogenomics service in an executive health program.
- Authors: Liko I, Corbin L, Tobin E, Aquilante CL, Lee YM
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 7
- Knowledge, attitude, and practice towards pharmacogenomics among hospital pharmacists in Thailand.
- Authors: Karuna N, Tragulpiankit P, Mahasirimongkol S, Chumnumwat S
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Pharmacogenetics in clinical practice: current level of knowledge among Flemish physicians and pharmacists.
- Authors: Edris A, Vanoverschelde A, Bushaj P, Van Nieuwerburgh F, Lahousse L
- Issue date: 2021 Feb
- Implementation of a pharmacist-led pharmacogenomics service for the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PHARM-GENOME-PACE).
- Authors: Bain KT, Schwartz EJ, Knowlton OV, Knowlton CH, Turgeon J
- Issue date: 2018 May - Jun