Integrating 'Principles of Effective Intervention' into Domestic Violence Intervention Programs: New Opportunities for Change and Collaboration
AuthorRadatz, Dana L
Richards, Tara N
Murphy, Christopher M
Nitsch, Lisa J
Brokmeier, Ann Marie
Holliday, Charvonne N
JournalAmerican journal of criminal justice : AJCJ
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSeveral evaluations and meta-analytic reviews have suggested that domestic violence (DV) treatment programs have only a modest impact on reducing DV recidivism. In response, a growing number of scholars and practitioners have called for the integration of evidence-based practices into DV treatment programming. In recent years, one leading approach has been to explore the infusion of the ‘principles of effective intervention (PEI),’ the prevailing evidence- based practice in correctional programming, into DV treatment. Findings from initial empirical studies from scholars and practitioners working to infuse the PEI into DV treatment programs have shown promise. This article provides an overview of the PEI and research exploring the integration of the PEI into DV treatment; a discussion on how these research findings can inform DV treatment programs interested in adopting a PEI framework; and practitioners’ perspectives on implementing programmatic changes and collaborating on evaluation research while also continuing to provide DV treatment. © 2021, Southern Criminal Justice Association.
Rights/Terms© Southern Criminal Justice Association 2021.
KeywordBatterer intervention treatment
Principles of effective intervention
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16281
- Integrating the Principles of Effective Intervention into Batterer Intervention Programming: The Case for Moving Toward More Evidence-Based Programming.
- Authors: Radatz DL, Wright EM
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Compared to What? A Meta-Analysis of Batterer Intervention Studies Using Nontreated Controls or Comparisons.
- Authors: Cheng SY, Davis M, Jonson-Reid M, Yaeger L
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Outcomes and Recidivism in Mandated Batterer Intervention Before and After Introducing a Specialized Domestic Violence Court.
- Authors: Tutty LM, Babins-Wagner R
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 1
- Child welfare policy and practice on children's exposure to domestic violence.
- Authors: Cross TP, Mathews B, Tonmyr L, Scott D, Ouimet C
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Exploring health system readiness for adopting interventions to address intimate partner violence: a case study from the occupied Palestinian Territory.
- Authors: Colombini M, Alkaiyat A, Shaheen A, Garcia Moreno C, Feder G, Bacchus L
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 1