Cleuren, Audrey C
Freedman, Jane E
James, Andra H
Kretz, Colin A
Leebeek, Frank W G
O'Donnell, James S
Spiegel, Paul Clinton
Stanworth, Simon J
JournalResearch and Practice in Thrombosis and Haemostasis
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis year's Congress of the International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) was hosted virtually from Philadelphia July 17-21, 2021. The conference, now held annually, highlighted cutting-edge advances in basic, population and clinical sciences of relevance to the Society. Despite being held virtually, the 2021 congress was of the same scope and quality as an annual meeting held in person. An added feature of the program is that talks streamed at the designated times will then be available on-line for asynchronous viewing. The program included 77 State of the Art (SOA) talks, thematically grouped in 28 sessions, given by internationally recognized leaders in the field. The SOA speakers were invited to prepare brief illustrated reviews of their talks that were peer reviewed and are included in this article. The topics, across the main scientific themes of the congress, include Arterial Thromboembolism, Coagulation and Natural Anticoagulants, COVID-19 and Coagulation, Diagnostics and Omics, Fibrinogen, Fibrinolysis and Proteolysis, Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders, Hemostasis in Cancer, Inflammation and Immunity, Pediatrics, Platelet Disorders, von Willebrand Disease and Thrombotic Angiopathies, Platelets and Megakaryocytes, Vascular Biology, Venous Thromboembolism and Women's Health. These illustrated capsules highlight the major scientific advances with potential to impact clinical practice. Readers are invited to take advantage of the excellent educational resource provided by these illustrated capsules. They are also encouraged to use the image in social media to draw attention to the high quality and impact of the science presented at the congress.
Rights/Terms© 2021 The Authors. Research and Practice in Thrombosis and Haemostasis published by Wiley Periodicals LLC on behalf of International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH).
KeywordISTH 2021 Congress
International Congress on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16251
- Illustrated State-of-the-Art Capsules of the ISTH 2020 Congress.
- Authors: Ariens R, Becattini C, Bender M, Bergmeier W, Castoldi E, Devreese K, Ellis M, Gailani D, Ignjatovic V, James PD, Kerrigan S, Lambert M, Lee LH, Levi M, Maugeri N, Meijers J, Melero-Martin J, Michelson AD, Mingozzi F, Neeves K, Ni H, Olsson AK, Prohászka Z, Ranson M, Riva N, Senis Y, van Ommen CH, Vaughan DE, Weisel J
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Illustrated State-of-the-Art Capsules of the ISTH 2019 Congress in Melbourne, Australia.
- Authors: Ward CM, Andrews RK, ISTH State of the Art Speakers.
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Advances in Clinical and Basic Science of Coagulation: Illustrated abstracts of the 9th Chapel Hill Symposium on Hemostasis.
- Authors: Bergmeier W, Antoniak S, Conway EM, Denis CV, George LA, Isermann B, Key NS, Krishnaswamy S, Lam WA, Lillicrap D, Liu J, Looney MR, López JA, Maas C, Peyvandi F, Ruf W, Sood AK, Versteeg HH, Wolberg AS, Wong PC, Wood JP, Weiler H
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Macromolecular crowding: chemistry and physics meet biology (Ascona, Switzerland, 10-14 June 2012).
- Authors: Foffi G, Pastore A, Piazza F, Temussi PA
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Harnessing Twitter to empower scientific engagement and communication: The ISTH 2020 virtual congress experience.
- Authors: Othman M, Cormier M, Barnes GD, Comer SP, Connors JM, Denorme F, Khorana AA, Las Casas PH, Morla S, Muia J, Ní Áinle F, Taylor KA, van der Wal DE, Weyand AC, Lavin M, ISTH Registration, Marketing teams.
- Issue date: 2021 Feb