Detection of a SARS-CoV-2 P.1.1 variant lacking N501Y in a vaccinated Health Care worker in Italy
De Florio, Lucia
Miccoli, Ginevra Azzurra
JournalJournal of Infection
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVaccines against SARS-CoV-2 are very effective, but some mutations could reduce protection. Here we report a case of SARS-CoV-2 infection with a P.1.1 variant lacking the Y501 mutation in a vaccinated individual in Italy. Carefully monitoring breakthrough infections is important for assessing viral spreading of potential vaccine-resistant variants.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021. Published by Elsevier Ltd.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16167
- A low-cost TaqMan minor groove binder probe-based one-step RT-qPCR assay for rapid identification of N501Y variants of SARS-CoV-2.
- Authors: Chan CT, Leung JS, Lee LK, Lo HW, Wong EY, Wong DS, Ng TT, Lao HY, Lu KK, Jim SH, Yau MC, Lam JY, Ho AY, Luk KS, Yip KT, Que TL, To KK, Siu GK
- Issue date: 2022 Jan
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 variant B.1.1.7 among vaccinated health care workers.
- Authors: Ioannou P, Karakonstantis S, Astrinaki E, Saplamidou S, Vitsaxaki E, Hamilos G, Sourvinos G, Kofteridis DP
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- Clinical characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 fully-vaccinated patients dying with COVID-19 in Italy.
- Authors: Palmieri L, Floridia M, Giuliano M, Tiple D, Lo Noce C, Meli P, Onder G, Italian National Institute of Health COVID-19 mortality group.
- Issue date: 2022 Jun
- Investigation of an outbreak of symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 VOC 202012/01-lineage B.1.1.7 infection in healthcare workers, Italy.
- Authors: Loconsole D, Sallustio A, Accogli M, Leaci A, Sanguedolce A, Parisi A, Chironna M
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Effectiveness of BNT162b2 vaccine against the B.1.1.7 variant of SARS-CoV-2 among healthcare workers in Brescia, Italy.
- Authors: Sansone E, Tiraboschi M, Sala E, Albini E, Lombardo M, Castelli F, De Palma G
- Issue date: 2021 Jul