Detection of a SARS-CoV-2 P.1.1 variant lacking N501Y in a vaccinated Health Care worker in Italy
De Florio, Lucia
Miccoli, Ginevra Azzurra
JournalJournal of Infection
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVaccines against SARS-CoV-2 are very effective, but some mutations could reduce protection. Here we report a case of SARS-CoV-2 infection with a P.1.1 variant lacking the Y501 mutation in a vaccinated individual in Italy. Carefully monitoring breakthrough infections is important for assessing viral spreading of potential vaccine-resistant variants.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021. Published by Elsevier Ltd.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16167
- Emerging Variants of SARS-CoV-2 And Novel Therapeutics Against Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Authors: Aleem A, Akbar Samad AB, Slenker AK
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- The British variant of the new coronavirus-19 (Sars-Cov-2) should not create a vaccine problem.
- Authors: Conti P, Caraffa A, Gallenga CE, Kritas SK, Frydas I, Younes A, Di Emidio P, Tetè G, Pregliasco F, Ronconi G
- Issue date: 2021 Jan-Feb
- Post-vaccination SARS-CoV-2 infections and incidence of the B.1.427/B.1.429 variant among healthcare personnel at a northern California academic medical center.
- Authors: Jacobson KB, Pinsky BA, Rath MEM, Wang H, Miller JA, Skhiri M, Shepard J, Mathew R, Lee G, Bohman B, Parsonnet J, Holubar M
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 24
- Post-vaccination SARS-CoV-2 infections and incidence of presumptive B.1.427/B.1.429 variant among healthcare personnel at a northern California academic medical center.
- Authors: Jacobson KB, Pinsky BA, Montez Rath ME, Wang H, Miller JA, Skhiri M, Shepard J, Mathew R, Lee G, Bohman B, Parsonnet J, Holubar M
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 17
- Fast and cost-effective screening for SARS-CoV-2 variants in a routine diagnostic setting.
- Authors: Durner J, Burggraf S, Czibere L, Tehrani A, Watts DC, Becker M
- Issue date: 2021 Mar