Acute glomerulonephritis in a hematopoietic blood stem cell donor
JournalClinical Nephrology. Case studies
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUse of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) has been associated with side effects including reports of acute glomerulonephritis (GN), almost all of which have been immune complex associated. There is one prior report of pauci-immune GN in a child, but was negative for ANCA (anti-neutrophilic cytoplasmic antibodies). We describe the first case of ANCA-positive pauci-immune GN exacerbated by the use of G-CSF for peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) donation in a patient with no prior history of vasculitis. Given the use of G-CSF in PBSC donation and neutropenias associated with various conditions, it is important that both the nephrologist and the hematologist are aware of the renal risks associated with its use.
Rights/Terms© Dustri-Verlag Dr. K. Feistle.
acute pauci-immune glomerulonephritis
granulocyte colony-stimulating factor
stem cell donor
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16166
- Acute glomerulonephritis in a donor as a side effect of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell mobilization with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor.
- Authors: Nasilowska-Adamska B, Perkowska-Ptasinska A, Tomaszewska A, Serwacka A, Marianska B
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Clinical and pathologic characteristics of pauci-immune anti-myeloperoxidase antibody associated glomerulonephritis with nephrotic range proteinuria.
- Authors: Xu PC, Chen T, Gao S, Hu SY, Wei L, Yan TK
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Myeloperoxidase-antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody causes different renal diseases by immune-complex formation and pauci-immune mechanism: A case report.
- Authors: Manabe S, Hatano M, Nakano M, Fujii T, Nitta K, Nagata M
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Anti-endothelial cell antibodies in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies negative pauci-immune crescentic glomerulonephritis.
- Authors: Cong M, Chen M, Zhang JJ, Hu Z, Zhao MH
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Vasculitis and crescentic glomerulonephritis in a newly established congenic mouse strain derived from ANCA-associated vasculitis-prone SCG/Kj mice.
- Authors: Hamano Y, Ito F, Suzuki O, Koura M, Matsuoka S, Kobayashi T, Sugitani Y, Wali N, Koyanagi A, Hino O, Suzuki S, Sugamata R, Yoshizawa H, Yumura W, Maruyama N, Kameoka Y, Noda Y, Hasegawa Y, Arai T, Suzuki K
- Issue date: 2019 Aug - Sep