Selinexor, bortezomib, and dexamethasone versus bortezomib and dexamethasone in previously treated multiple myeloma: Outcomes by cytogenetic risk
Dimopoulos, Meletios A
Auner, Holger W
Dolai, Tuphan Kanti
Sinha, Dinesh Kumar
Venner, Christopher P
Stevens, Don Ambrose
Anderson, Larry D
Bahlis, Nizar J
Mateos, Maria Victoria
Kauffman, Michael G
Richardson, Paul G
JournalAmerican Journal of Hematology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn the phase 3 BOSTON study, patients with multiple myeloma (MM) after 1–3 prior regimens were randomized to once-weekly selinexor (an oral inhibitor of exportin 1 [XPO1]) plus bortezomib-dexamethasone (XVd) or twice-weekly bortezomib-dexamethasone (Vd). Compared with Vd, XVd was associated with significant improvements in median progression-free survival (PFS), overall response rate (ORR), and lower rates of peripheral neuropathy, with trends in overall survival (OS) favoring XVd. In BOSTON, 141 (35.1%) patients had MM with high-risk (presence of del[17p], t[4;14], t[14;16], or ≥4 copies of amp1q21) cytogenetics (XVd, n = 70; Vd, n = 71), and 261 (64.9%) exhibited standard-risk cytogenetics (XVd, n = 125; Vd, n = 136). Among patients with high-risk MM, median PFS was 12.91 months for XVd and 8.61 months for Vd (HR, 0.73 [95% CI, (0.4673, 1.1406)], p = 0.082), and ORRs were 78.6% and 57.7%, respectively (OR 2.68; p = 0.004). In the standard-risk subgroup, median PFS was 16.62 months for XVd and 9.46 months for Vd (HR 0.61; p = 0.004), and ORRs were 75.2% and 64.7%, respectively (OR 1.65; p = 0.033). The safety profiles of XVd and Vd in both subgroups were consistent with the overall population. These data suggest that selinexor can confer benefits to patients with MM regardless of cytogenetic risk. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT03110562. © 2021 The Authors. American Journal of Hematology published by Wiley Periodicals LLC.
Rights/Terms© 2021 The Authors. American Journal of Hematology published by Wiley Periodicals LLC.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16162
- Effect of prior treatments on selinexor, bortezomib, and dexamethasone in previously treated multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Mateos MV, Gavriatopoulou M, Facon T, Auner HW, Leleu X, Hájek R, Dimopoulos MA, Delimpasi S, Simonova M, Špička I, Pour L, Kriachok I, Pylypenko H, Doronin V, Usenko G, Benjamin R, Dolai TK, Sinha DK, Venner CP, Garg M, Stevens DA, Quach H, Jagannath S, Moreau P, Levy M, Badros AZ, Anderson LD Jr, Bahlis NJ, Cavo M, Chai Y, Jeha J, Arazy M, Shah J, Shacham S, Kauffman MG, Richardson PG, Grosicki S
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 13
- Effect of age and frailty on the efficacy and tolerability of once-weekly selinexor, bortezomib, and dexamethasone in previously treated multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Auner HW, Gavriatopoulou M, Delimpasi S, Simonova M, Spicka I, Pour L, Dimopoulos MA, Kriachok I, Pylypenko H, Leleu X, Doronin V, Usenko G, Hajek R, Benjamin R, Dolai TK, Sinha DK, Venner CP, Garg M, Stevens DA, Quach H, Jagannath S, Moreau P, Levy M, Badros A, Anderson LD Jr, Bahlis NJ, Facon T, Mateos MV, Cavo M, Chai Y, Arazy M, Shah J, Shacham S, Kauffman MG, Richardson PG, Grosicki S
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 1
- Once-per-week selinexor, bortezomib, and dexamethasone versus twice-per-week bortezomib and dexamethasone in patients with multiple myeloma (BOSTON): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Grosicki S, Simonova M, Spicka I, Pour L, Kriachok I, Gavriatopoulou M, Pylypenko H, Auner HW, Leleu X, Doronin V, Usenko G, Bahlis NJ, Hajek R, Benjamin R, Dolai TK, Sinha DK, Venner CP, Garg M, Gironella M, Jurczyszyn A, Robak P, Galli M, Wallington-Beddoe C, Radinoff A, Salogub G, Stevens DA, Basu S, Liberati AM, Quach H, Goranova-Marinova VS, Bila J, Katodritou E, Oliynyk H, Korenkova S, Kumar J, Jagannath S, Moreau P, Levy M, White D, Gatt ME, Facon T, Mateos MV, Cavo M, Reece D, Anderson LD Jr, Saint-Martin JR, Jeha J, Joshi AA, Chai Y, Li L, Peddagali V, Arazy M, Shah J, Shacham S, Kauffman MG, Dimopoulos MA, Richardson PG, Delimpasi S
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 14
- Daratumumab, bortezomib, and dexamethasone in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma: subgroup analysis of CASTOR based on cytogenetic risk.
- Authors: Weisel K, Spencer A, Lentzsch S, Avet-Loiseau H, Mark TM, Spicka I, Masszi T, Lauri B, Levin MD, Bosi A, Hungria V, Cavo M, Lee JJ, Nooka A, Quach H, Munder M, Lee C, Barreto W, Corradini P, Min CK, Chanan-Khan AA, Horvath N, Capra M, Beksac M, Ovilla R, Jo JC, Shin HJ, Sonneveld P, Casneuf T, DeAngelis N, Amin H, Ukropec J, Kobos R, Mateos MV
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 20
- Outcomes for Asian patients with multiple myeloma receiving once- or twice-weekly carfilzomib-based therapy: a subgroup analysis of the randomized phase 3 ENDEAVOR and A.R.R.O.W. Trials.
- Authors: Dimopoulos MA, Moreau P, Iida S, Huang SY, Takezako N, Chng WJ, Zahlten-Kumeli A, Sersch MA, Li J, Huang M, Lee JH
- Issue date: 2019 Oct