Standardization of assay representation in the Ontology for Biomedical Investigations
Overton, James A
Miller, Mark A
Berrios, Daniel C
Scheuermann, Richard H
McGinty, Hande Küçük
Lin, Aisyah Yu
Jain, Sagar B
Chibucos, Marcus C
Giglio, Michelle G
Feng, Irene Y
Brush, Matthew H
Stoeckert, Christian J
JournalDatabase : the Journal of Biological Databases and Curation
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Ontology for Biomedical Investigations (OBI) underwent a focused review of assay term annotations, logic and hierarchy with a goal to improve and standardize these terms. As a result, inconsistencies in W3C Web Ontology Language (OWL) expressions were identified and corrected, and additionally, standardized design patterns and a formalized template to maintain them were developed. We describe here this informative and productive process to describe the specific benefits and obstacles for OBI and the universal lessons for similar projects.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2021. Published by Oxford University Press.
Keywordassay terminology standardization
Ontology for Biomedical Investigations (OBI)
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16159
- The Ontology for Biomedical Investigations.
- Authors: Bandrowski A, Brinkman R, Brochhausen M, Brush MH, Bug B, Chibucos MC, Clancy K, Courtot M, Derom D, Dumontier M, Fan L, Fostel J, Fragoso G, Gibson F, Gonzalez-Beltran A, Haendel MA, He Y, Heiskanen M, Hernandez-Boussard T, Jensen M, Lin Y, Lister AL, Lord P, Malone J, Manduchi E, McGee M, Morrison N, Overton JA, Parkinson H, Peters B, Rocca-Serra P, Ruttenberg A, Sansone SA, Scheuermann RH, Schober D, Smith B, Soldatova LN, Stoeckert CJ Jr, Taylor CF, Torniai C, Turner JA, Vita R, Whetzel PL, Zheng J
- Issue date: 2016
- Ontology patterns for the representation of quality changes of cells in time.
- Authors: Burek P, Scherf N, Herre H
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 16
- The Ontology of Biological and Clinical Statistics (OBCS) for standardized and reproducible statistical analysis.
- Authors: Zheng J, Harris MR, Masci AM, Lin Y, Hero A, Smith B, He Y
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 14
- Representing the NCI Thesaurus in OWL DL: Modeling tools help modeling languages.
- Authors: Noy NF, de Coronado S, Solbrig H, Fragoso G, Hartel FW, Musen MA
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 1
- A Process for the Representation of openEHR ADL Archetypes in OWL Ontologies.
- Authors: Porn AM, Peres LM, Didonet Del Fabro M
- Issue date: 2015