Residents' Physical Activities in Home Isolation and Its Relationship with Health Values and Well-Being: A Cross-Sectional Survey during the COVID-19 Social Quarantine
JournalHealthcare (Basel, Switzerland)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe objective of the present study was to examine the associations between residents' physical activity, health values, and well-being during isolation. On the basis of the physical activity rating scale, health values scale, subjective well-being scale, and the satisfaction with life scale, we collected 505 valid questionnaires online from 31 provinces, municipalities, and autonomous regions in China. A series of multiple linear regression models were established to study the relationship between variables, and the bootstrap confidence interval was selected to test the mediating effect. The results showed that during the period of isolation, physical activity directly (b = 0.463, p < 0.001) or indirectly (b = 0.358, p < 0.001) had a positive impact on residents' well-being through the mediating effect of health values. There was a positive correlation between physical activity and health values (b = 0.710, p < 0.001), while health values had a direct positive association on well-being (b = 0.504, p < 0.001). In addition, a moderate amount of physical activity was found to be more associated with the well-being of residents during home isolation compared to small and large amounts of physical activity. This study shows the importance of residents' physical activities in home isolation. Moderate exercise at home and regular physical activity are beneficial to our physical and mental health, especially in terms of improving overall well-being.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16150
- The impact of sharing physical activity experience on social network sites on residents' social connectedness:a cross-sectional survey during COVID-19 social quarantine.
- Authors: Zuo Y, Ma Y, Zhang M, Wu X, Ren Z
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 11
- Deciphering the Link Between Mental Health and Green Space in Shenzhen, China: The Mediating Impact of Residents' Satisfaction.
- Authors: Qiao Y, Chen Z, Chen Y, Zheng T
- Issue date: 2021
- The Psychological Impacts of COVID-19 Home Confinement and Physical Activity: A Structural Equation Model Analysis.
- Authors: Sang X, Menhas R, Saqib ZA, Mahmood S, Weng Y, Khurshid S, Iqbal W, Shahzad B
- Issue date: 2020
- Influence of urban green open space on residents' physical activity in China.
- Authors: Wang H, Dai X, Wu J, Wu X, Nie X
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 13
- COVID-19, Psychological Well-being and Physical Activity Levels in Older Adults During the Nationwide Lockdown in Spain.
- Authors: Carriedo A, Cecchini JA, Fernandez-Rio J, Méndez-Giménez A
- Issue date: 2020 Nov