Cost-effectiveness of preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy for fresh donor oocyte cycles
AuthorFacadio Antero, Maria
Kearns, William G
Christianson, Mindy S
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractObjective: To determine whether in vitro fertilization (IVF) with preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy (PGT-A) is cost effective to achieve a live birth compared with IVF alone in fresh donor oocyte cycles. Design: Theoretical cost-effectiveness study. Setting: Not applicable. Patients: None. Interventions: Comparison between the cost of IVF with PGT-A vs. IVF alone to achieve a live birth. The model analyzed a hypothetical single fresh oocyte donor IVF cycle with PGT-A vs. IVF alone and followed the progression of a single embryo through the different decision nodes. Cost estimates assigned to each clinical event were based on data obtained from the literature and institutional costs. Main outcome measures: Cost per live birth. Results: In the base-case analysis, IVF with PGT-A was not cost effective in fresh donor oocyte cycles when compared with IVF alone to achieve a live birth. The cycles using PGT-A cost an additional $6,018.66. The incremental cost-effectiveness ratio was found to be $119,606.59 per additional live birth achieved with IVF with PGT-A. Monte Carlo simulations demonstrated that IVF with PGT-A was not cost effective in nearly all iterations. Conclusions: PGT-A in fresh donor oocyte IVF cycles is not cost effective compared with IVF alone over a wide range of probabilities and costs.
Rights/Terms© 2020 The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16142
- Donor oocyte recipients do not benefit from preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy to improve pregnancy outcomes.
- Authors: Doyle N, Gainty M, Eubanks A, Doyle J, Hayes H, Tucker M, Devine K, DeCherney A, Levy M, Jahandideh S, Hill M
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 1
- Preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy is cost-effective, shortens treatment time, and reduces the risk of failed embryo transfer and clinical miscarriage.
- Authors: Neal SA, Morin SJ, Franasiak JM, Goodman LR, Juneau CR, Forman EJ, Werner MD, Scott RT Jr
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Comparison of pregnancy outcomes following preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy using a matched propensity score design.
- Authors: Haviland MJ, Murphy LA, Modest AM, Fox MP, Wise LA, Nillni YI, Sakkas D, Hacker MR
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 1
- To test or not to test? A framework for counselling patients on preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy (PGT-A).
- Authors: Murphy LA, Seidler EA, Vaughan DA, Resetkova N, Penzias AS, Toth TL, Thornton KL, Sakkas D
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 1
- Preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidies (abnormal number of chromosomes) in in vitro fertilisation.
- Authors: Cornelisse S, Zagers M, Kostova E, Fleischer K, van Wely M, Mastenbroek S
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 8