Studies Utilizing Therapeutic Hypothermia and Targeted Temperature Management
JournalTherapeutic Hypothermia and Temperature Management
PublisherMary Ann Liebert Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDuring the 2020 Therapeutic Hypothermia and Temperature Management Symposium in Miami, state-of-the-art lectures on studies utilizing therapeutic hypothermia and targeted temperature management (TTM) were discussed. The panel was moderated by Dr. Neeraj Badjatia, Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine. Dr. Benjamin S. Abella, Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, lectured on the optimal target temperature for TTM and the future of TTM dosing. Dr. Kees Polderman, United Memorial Medical Center in Houston presented on physiology and pathophysiology of brain temperature regulation. Dr. Romergryko G. Geocadin, Departments of Anesthesiology-Critical Care and Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, and Dr. Robert Silbergleit, Department of Emergency Medicine, discussed the Influence of Cooling duration on Efficacy in Cardiac Arrest Patients (ICECAP) study. All the presentations were outstanding and led to informative discussions among the attendees of the conference.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/16047
- Temporal Trends in the Use of Therapeutic Hypothermia for Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Authors: Bradley SM, Liu W, McNally B, Vellano K, Henry TD, Mooney MR, Burke MN, Brilakis ES, Grunwald GK, Adhaduk M, Donnino M, Girotra S, Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival (CARES) Surveillance Group.
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 2
- Targeted Temperature Management in Pediatric Neurocritical Care.
- Authors: Benedetti GM, Silverstein FS
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: A systematic review/meta-analysis exploring the impact of expanded criteria and targeted temperature.
- Authors: Schenone AL, Cohen A, Patarroyo G, Harper L, Wang X, Shishehbor MH, Menon V, Duggal A
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Use of Targeted Temperature Management After Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Authors: Mahmoud A, Elgendy IY, Bavry AA
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Relationship Between Duration of Targeted Temperature Management, Ischemic Interval, and Good Functional Outcome From Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Authors: Sawyer KN, Humbert A, Leroux BG, Nichol G, Kudenchuk PJ, Daya MR, Grunau B, Wang HE, Ornato JP, Rittenberger JC, Aufderheide TP, Wittwer L, Colella MR, Austin M, Kawano T, Egan D, Richmond N, Vithalani VD, Scales D, Baker AJ, Morrison LJ, Vilke GM, Kurz MC, Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium.
- Issue date: 2020 Mar