Hypercalcemia of Malignancy: Simultaneous Elevation in Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide and 1,25 Dihydroxyvitamin D in Sarcoma
JournalAACE clinical case reports
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHypercalcemia is a common finding in patients who have an underlying malignancy. Only a few cases of hypercalcemia of malignancy have been linked to more than one mechanism of hypercalcemia. Here, we present a patient with liposarcoma and hypercalcemia of malignancy in the setting of simultaneous elevations in parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP) and 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)2D] levels. Sarcoma-associated hypercalcemia is a rare disorder.
Rights/Terms© 2021Published by Elsevier Inc. on behalf of the AACE.
Keyword1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D
1,25(OH)2D, 1,25 Dihydroxyvitamin D
PTHrP, parathyroid hormone-related peptide
hypercalcemia of malignancy
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15970
- Hypercalcemia in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma due to cosecretion of PTHrP and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D.
- Authors: Gonciulea AR, Wang Y, Bikle DD, Sellmeyer DE
- Issue date: 2021 Dec
- Hypercalcemia of malignancy in metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma with simultaneous PTHrP and calcitriol overproduction: A case report with literature review.
- Authors: Song R, Bijay Y, Rizk SH, Cao S
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) does not regulate 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D serum levels in hypercalcemia of malignancy.
- Authors: Schilling T, Pecherstorfer M, Blind E, Leidig G, Ziegler R, Raue F
- Issue date: 1993 Mar
- Hypercalcemia and Renal Mass: A Diagnostically Challenging Case.
- Authors: Karki S, Galiveeti S, Leung V
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D and PTHrP mediated malignant hypercalcemia in a seminoma.
- Authors: Rodríguez-Gutiérrez R, Zapata-Rivera MA, Quintanilla-Flores DL, Camara-Lemarroy CR, Lavalle-Gonzalez FJ, González-González JG, Villarreal-Pérez JZ
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 10