Utility of CMV-Specific Immune Monitoring for the Management of CMV in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients: A Clinical Update
JournalDiagnostics (Basel, Switzerland)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCytomegalovirus (CMV) is one of the most important opportunistic infections in solid organ transplant (SOT) recipients. However, current techniques used to predict risk for CMV infection fall short. CMV-specific cell mediated immunity (CMI) plays an important role in protecting against CMV infection. There is evidence that assays measuring CMV-CMI might better identify SOT recipients at risk of complications from CMV compared to anti-CMV IgG, which is our current standard of care. Here, we review recently published studies that utilize CMV-CMI, at various points before and after transplantation, to help predict risk and guide the management of CMV infection following organ transplantation. The evidence supports the use of these novel assays to help identify SOT recipients at increased risk and highlights the need for larger prospective trials evaluating these modalities in this high-risk population.
KeywordCD4+ T cell
CD8+ T cell
solid organ transplant
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15951
- [Monitoring of cytomegalovirus-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cell responses by cytokine flow cytometry in renal transplant recipients].
- Authors: Kılınçkaya Doğan H, Mutlu E, Köksoy S, Yılmaz VT, Koçak H, Çolak D, Mutlu D, Günseren F, Dinçkan A, Aliosmanoğlu İ, Süleymanlar G, Gültekin M
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Effect of long-term prophylaxis in the development of cytomegalovirus-specific T-cell immunity in D+/R- solid organ transplant recipients.
- Authors: San-Juan R, Navarro D, García-Reyne A, Montejo M, Muñoz P, Carratala J, Len O, Fortun J, Muñoz-Cobo B, Gimenez E, Eworo A, Sabe N, Meije Y, Martín-Davila P, Andres A, Delgado J, Jimenez C, Amat P, Fernández-Ruiz M, López-Medrano F, Lumbreras C, Aguado JM, REIPI Network.
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- T-Track-CMV and QuantiFERON-CMV assays for prediction of protection from CMV reactivation in kidney transplant recipients.
- Authors: Gliga S, Korth J, Krawczyk A, Wilde B, Horn PA, Witzke O, Lindemann M, Fiedler M
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Immune Monitoring for CMV in Transplantation.
- Authors: Yong MK, Lewin SR, Manuel O
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 14
- Clinical Experience with Immune Monitoring for Cytomegalovirus in Solid-Organ Transplant Recipients.
- Authors: Manuel O
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 29