Two different synchronous spectrofluorimetric approaches for simultaneous determination of febuxostat and ibuprofen
JournalRoyal Society Open Science
PublisherThe Royal Society
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo green, simple and sensitive synchronous spectrofluorimetric methods were developed for the first time for the simultaneous estimation of febuxostat (FEB) and ibuprofen (IBU). Method I is constant-wavelength synchronous spectrofluorimetry where FEB and IBU were recorded at 329 and 258 nm, respectively, using Δλ of 40 nm. Method II is constant-energy synchronous spectrofluorimetry using a wavenumber interval of -4000 cm-1. All measurements were carried out in a borate buffer of pH 7 and distilled water for dilution which increased the methods' greenness. The two methods were rectilinear over concentration ranges of 30.0-700.0 ng ml-1 and 0.5-9.0 µg ml-1 in the first method and 20.0-500.0 ng ml-1 and 0.1-8.0 µg ml-1 in the second method for FEB and IBU, respectively. High sensitivity was attained for the two drugs with limits of quantitations (LODs) down to 0.41 and 5.51 ng ml-1 in the first method and 0.25 and 3.32 ng ml-1 in the second method for FEB and IBU, respectively. Recovery percentages were in the range of 97.3-101.9% after extraction from spiked human plasma samples, demonstrating high bioanalytical applicability. The two methods were further applied to tablet dosage forms with good recovery results. The methods' greenness was assessed according to the analytical Eco-Scale and Green Analytical Procedure Index guidelines.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15934
- Micelle-Enhanced conventional and synchronous spectrofluorimetric methods for the simultaneous determination of lesinurad and febuxostat: Application to human plasma.
- Authors: Magdy G, Belal FF, Abdel-Megied AM, Abdel Hakiem AF
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 5
- Green spectrofluorimetric methods for tramadol assay with ibuprofen or chlorzoxazone: comparison of greenness profiles.
- Authors: Abdel Moneim MM, Hamdy MMA
- Issue date: 2021 Mar
- Derivative synchronous spectrofluorimetry: Application to the analysis of two binary mixtures containing codeine in dosage forms.
- Authors: El-Kimary EI, Ragab MAA
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 5
- Sensitive Derivative Synchronous and Micellar Enhanced Ecofriendly Spectrofluorimetric Methods for the Determination of Atenolol, Diclofenac, and Triclosan in Drinking Tap Water.
- Authors: Safwat N, Abdel-Ghany MF, Ayad MF
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 5
- Simultaneous determination of amlodipine and metoprolol in their combined dosage form using a synchronous fluorescence spectrofluorimetric method.
- Authors: Mabrouk MM, Hammad SF, El-Malla SF, Elshenawy EA
- Issue date: 2018 Mar