Microbiome Metadata Standards: Report of the National Microbiome Data Collaborative's Workshop and Follow-On Activities
Beck, Kristen L
Berrios, Daniel C
Costes, Sylvain V
Duncan, William D
Dundore-Arias, Jose Pablo
Galazka, Jonathan M
Gibbons, Sean M
Hurwitz, Bonnie L
Joachimiak, Marcin P
Martin, Stanton L
McCue, Lee Ann
Reddy, T B K
Schriml, Lynn M.
Shaffer, Justin P
Sundaramurthi, Jagadish Chandrabose
Thompson, Luke R
Timme, Ruth E
Wood-Charlson, Elisha M
Eloe-Fadrosh, Emiley A
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMicrobiome samples are inherently defined by the environment in which they are found. Therefore, data that provide context and enable interpretation of measurements produced from biological samples, often referred to as metadata, are critical. Important contributions have been made in the development of community-driven metadata standards; however, these standards have not been uniformly embraced by the microbiome research community. To understand how these standards are being adopted, or the barriers to adoption, across research domains, institutions, and funding agencies, the National Microbiome Data Collaborative (NMDC) hosted a workshop in October 2019. This report provides a summary of discussions that took place throughout the workshop, as well as outcomes of the working groups initiated at the workshop.
DescriptionThe article byline and affiliation line should read as given in correction at https://doi.org/10.1128/mSystems.00273-21.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15880
- Correction for Vangay et al., "Microbiome Metadata Standards: Report of the National Microbiome Data Collaborative's Workshop and Follow-On Activities".
- Authors: Vangay P, Burgin J, Johnston A, Beck KL, Berrios DC, Blumberg K, Canon S, Chain P, Chandonia JM, Christianson D, Costes SV, Damerow J, Duncan WD, Dundore-Arias JP, Fagnan K, Galazka JM, Gibbons SM, Hays D, Hervey J, Hu B, Hurwitz BL, Jaiswal P, Joachimiak MP, Kinkel L, Ladau J, Martin SL, McCue LA, Miller K, Mouncey N, Mungall C, Pafilis E, Reddy TBK, Richardson L, Roux S, Schriml LM, Shaffer JP, Sundaramurthi JC, Thompson LR, Timme RE, Zheng J, Wood-Charlson EM, Eloe-Fadrosh EA
- Issue date: 2021 May 4
- OMeta: an ontology-based, data-driven metadata tracking system.
- Authors: Singh I, Kuscuoglu M, Harkins DM, Sutton G, Fouts DE, Nelson KE
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 7
- Critical Care Network in the State of Qatar.
- Authors: Hijjeh M, Al Shaikh L, Alinier G, Selwood D, Malmstrom F, Hassan IF
- Issue date: 2019
- Compatibility Between Metadata Standards: Import Pipeline of CDISC ODM to the Samply.MDR.
- Authors: Kock-Schoppenhauer AK, Ulrich H, Wagen-Zink S, Duhm-Harbeck P, Ingenerf J, Neuhaus P, Dugas M, Bruland P
- Issue date: 2018
- Macromolecular crowding: chemistry and physics meet biology (Ascona, Switzerland, 10-14 June 2012).
- Authors: Foffi G, Pastore A, Piazza F, Temussi PA
- Issue date: 2013 Aug