Hepatitis C Virus Relapse After Ultrashort Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy Associates With Expression of Genes Involved With Natural Killer-Cell and CD8 T-Cell Function.
JournalOpen Forum Infectious Diseases
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo identify immunologic correlates of hepatitis C virus (HCV) relapse after direct-acting antiviral (DAA) therapy, we quantified select immune transcripts in whole blood from noncirrhotic HCV subjects treated with 4-6 weeks of DAAs. We identified specific markers of natural killer-cell and CD8+ T-cell function (GZMB, PRF1, NKp46) with higher expression in subjects who relapsed. These findings suggest a role for host immunity in HCV eradication with ultrashort DAA therapy. We quantified whole blood immune transcripts in noncirrhotic HCV subjects treated with shortcourse antiviral therapy. Markers of natural killer-cell and CD8+ T-cell function had higher expression in virologic relapsers, suggesting a role for host immunity in HCV eradication.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2021. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Keyworddirect acting antiviral
gene expression analysis
hepatitis C virus
sustained virologic response
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15621
- Peripheral blood correlates of virologic relapse after Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin treatment of Genotype-1 HCV infection.
- Authors: Orr C, Xu W, Masur H, Kottilil S, Meissner EG
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 4
- Peripheral PD-1<sup>+</sup> T Cells Co-expressing Inhibitory Receptors Predict SVR With Ultra Short Duration DAA Therapy in HCV Infection.
- Authors: Romani S, Stafford K, Nelson A, Bagchi S, Kottilil S, Poonia B
- Issue date: 2019
- Direct antiviral agents upregulate natural killer cell potential activity in chronic hepatitis C patients.
- Authors: Jiang HJ, Wang XX, Luo BF, Cong X, Jin Q, Qin H, Zhang HY, Kong XS, Wei L, Feng B
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Augmentation of hepatitis C virus-specific immunity and sustained virologic response.
- Authors: Shrivastava S, Wilson E, Poonia B, Tang L, Osinusi A, Kohli A, Kottilil S
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Elimination of hepatitis C virus has limited impact on the functional and mitochondrial impairment of HCV-specific CD8+ T cell responses.
- Authors: Aregay A, Owusu Sekyere S, Deterding K, Port K, Dietz J, Berkowski C, Sarrazin C, Manns MP, Cornberg M, Wedemeyer H
- Issue date: 2019 Nov