Synthesis and Antibacterial Activity of New Azole, Diazole and Triazole Derivatives Based on -Aminobenzoic Acid
JournalMolecules (Basel, Switzerland)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe p-aminobenzoic acid was applied for the synthesis of substituted 1-phenyl-5-oxopyrrolidine derivatives containing benzimidazole, azole, oxadiazole, triazole, dihydrazone, and dithiosemicarbazide moieties in the structure. All the obtained compounds were evaluated for their in vitro antimicrobial activity against Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus cereus, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella enteritidis, Escherichia coli, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa by using MIC and MBC assays. This study showed a good bactericidal activity of γ-amino acid and benzimidazoles derivatives. The antimicrobial activity of the most promising compounds was higher than ampicillin. Furthermore, two benzimidazoles demonstrated good antimicrobial activity against L. monocytogenes (MIC 15.62 µg/mL) that was four times more potent than ampicillin (MIC 65 µg/mL). Further studies are needed to better understand the mechanism of the antimicrobial activity as well as to generate antimicrobial compounds based on the 1-phenyl-5-oxopyrrolidine scaffold.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15596
- Hybrids of ravuconazole: synthesis and biological evaluation.
- Authors: Gaikwad ND, Patil SV, Bobade VD
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Synthesis and in vitro antimicrobial activity of new 4-phenyl-5-methyl-4H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thione derivatives.
- Authors: Popiołek Ł, Kosikowska U, Dobosz M, Malm A
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Synthesis of 1,2,5(6)-trisubstituted benzimidazoles and evaluation of their antimicrobial activities.
- Authors: Göker H, Kus C, Abbasoglu U
- Issue date: 1995 May
- Design, synthesis, anticancer, antimicrobial activities and molecular docking studies of theophylline containing acetylenes and theophylline containing 1,2,3-triazoles with variant nucleoside derivatives.
- Authors: Ruddarraju RR, Murugulla AC, Kotla R, Chandra Babu Tirumalasetty M, Wudayagiri R, Donthabakthuni S, Maroju R, Baburao K, Parasa LS
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 10
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activities of some 3-arylamino-5-[2-(substituted 1-imidazolyl)ethyl]-1,2,4-triazole derivatives.
- Authors: Demirayak S, Benkli K, Güven K
- Issue date: 2000 Nov