Clinical Outcomes of Perioperative Desensitization in Heart Transplant Recipients
AuthorPlazak, Michael E
Gale, Stormi E
Reed, Brent N
Kaczorowski, David J
Madathil, Ronson J
PublisherWolters Kluwer Health
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOf the 104 patients included, 48 received no induction, 46 received induction, and 10 underwent perioperative desensitization. No differences were observed in the primary endpoint at 12 mo (90.0% versus 97.9%, P = 0.25 for desensitization versus no-induction; 90.0% versus 100%, P = 0.72 for desensitization versus induction). Rates of acute rejection were lower with induction and desensitization compared with no-induction. There were no significant differences in CAV between the groups. Infectious complications were also similar among the groups (10.0% versus 16.7%, P = 0.62 for desensitization versus no-induction; 10.0% versus 30.4%, P = 0.34 for desensitization versus induction).
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 The Author(s). Transplantation Direct. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15517
- Outcome of urgent desensitization in sensitized heart transplant recipients.
- Authors: Fu HY, Wang YC, Tsao CI, Yu SH, Chen YS, Chou HW, Chi NH, Wang CH, Hsu RB, Huang SC, Yu HY, Chou NK
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 30
- Desensitization protocol for highly sensitized renal transplant patients: a single-center experience.
- Authors: Kute VB, Vanikar AV, Trivedi HL, Shah PR, Goplani KR, Patel HV, Gumber MR, Patel RD, Kanodia KV, Suthar KS, Trivedi VB, Modi PR
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Highly Sensitized Patients: Miami Transplant Institute Experience.
- Authors: Mattiazzi AD, Centeno A, Amador A, Fernandez-Bango C, Scowby CD, O'Rourke M, Hill-Matthie T, Patel R, Barrios F, Ruiz P, Chen L, Saghesima J, Ciancio G, Burke GW, Goldstein M, Chandar J, Contreras G, Roth D, Kupin W, Guerra G, Vianna R
- Issue date: 2014
- Excellent renal allograft survival in donor-specific antibody positive transplant patients-role of intravenous immunoglobulin and rabbit antithymocyte globulin.
- Authors: Mai ML, Ahsan N, Wadei HM, Genco PV, Geiger XJ, Willingham DL, Taner CB, Hewitt WR, Grewal HP, Nguyen JH, Hughes CB, Gonwa TA
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 27
- Perioperative Desensitization Improves Outcomes Among Crossmatch Positive Recipients of Deceased Donor Renal Transplants.
- Authors: Sharma A, King A, Kumar D, Behnke M, McDougan F, Kimball PM
- Issue date: 2016 Jun