Age-dependency of terminal ileum tissue resident memory T cell responsiveness profiles to S. Typhi following oral Ty21a immunization in humans
AuthorBooth, Jayaum S
Patil, Seema A
Barnes, Robin S
Greenwald, Bruce D
Sztein, Marcelo B
JournalImmunity & Ageing : I & A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe impact of aging on the immune system is unequivocal and results in an altered immune status termed immunosenescence. In humans, the mechanisms of immunosenescence have been examined almost exclusively in blood. However, most immune cells are present in tissue compartments and exhibit differential cell (e.g., memory T cells -TM) subset distributions. Thus, it is crucial to understand immunosenescence in tissues, especially those that are exposed to pathogens (e.g., intestine). Using a human model of oral live attenuated typhoid vaccine, Ty21a, we investigated the effect of aging on terminal ileum (TI) tissue resident memory T (TRM) cells. TRM provide immediate adaptive effector immune responsiveness at the infection site. However, it is unknown whether aging impacts TRM S. Typhi-responsive cells at the site of infection (e.g., TI). Here, we determined the effect of aging on the induction of TI S. Typhi-responsive TRM subsets elicited by Ty21a immunization.
Terminal ileum LPMC
Tissue resident memory T cells
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15478
- Oral typhoid vaccine Ty21a elicits antigen-specific resident memory CD4<sup>+</sup> T cells in the human terminal ileum lamina propria and epithelial compartments.
- Authors: Booth JS, Goldberg E, Barnes RS, Greenwald BD, Sztein MB
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 25
- Attenuated Oral Typhoid Vaccine Ty21a Elicits Lamina Propria and Intra-Epithelial Lymphocyte Tissue-Resident Effector Memory CD8 T Responses in the Human Terminal Ileum.
- Authors: Booth JS, Patil SA, Goldberg E, Barnes RS, Greenwald BD, Sztein MB
- Issue date: 2019
- Association between <i>S</i>. Typhi-specific memory CD4+ and CD8+ T responses in the terminal ileum mucosa and in peripheral blood elicited by the live oral typhoid vaccine Ty21a in humans.
- Authors: Booth JS, Goldberg E, Patil SA, Greenwald BD, Sztein MB
- Issue date: 2019
- Systemic and Terminal Ileum Mucosal Immunity Elicited by Oral Immunization With the Ty21a Typhoid Vaccine in Humans.
- Authors: Booth JS, Patil SA, Ghazi L, Barnes R, Fraser CM, Fasano A, Greenwald BD, Sztein MB
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Effect of the live oral attenuated typhoid vaccine, Ty21a, on systemic and terminal ileum mucosal CD4+ T memory responses in humans.
- Authors: Booth JS, Goldberg E, Patil SA, Barnes RS, Greenwald BD, Sztein MB
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 15