MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe pleiotropic functions of lymphotoxin (LT)β receptor (LTβR) signaling are linked to the control of secondary lymphoid organ development and structural maintenance, inflammatory or autoimmune disorders, and carcinogenesis. Recently, LTβR signaling in endothelial cells has been revealed to regulate immune cell migration. Signaling through LTβR is comprised of both the canonical and non-canonical-nuclear factor κB (NF-κB) pathways, which induce chemokines, cytokines, and cell adhesion molecules. Here, we focus on the novel functions of LTβR signaling in lymphatic endothelial cells for migration of regulatory T cells (Tregs), and specific targeting of LTβR signaling for potential therapeutics in transplantation and cancer patient survival.
lymphatic endothelial cells
lymphotoxin β receptor signaling
non-canonical nuclear factor κB pathway
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/15402
- The unexpected role of lymphotoxin beta receptor signaling in carcinogenesis: from lymphoid tissue formation to liver and prostate cancer development.
- Authors: Wolf MJ, Seleznik GM, Zeller N, Heikenwalder M
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 9
- Cholesterol restricts lymphotoxin β receptor-triggered NF-κB signaling.
- Authors: Banach-Orłowska M, Wyszyńska R, Pyrzyńska B, Maksymowicz M, Gołąb J, Miączyńska M
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 26
- Lymphotoxin-alpha 1 beta 2 and LIGHT induce classical and noncanonical NF-kappa B-dependent proinflammatory gene expression in vascular endothelial cells.
- Authors: Madge LA, Kluger MS, Orange JS, May MJ
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 1
- Parenteral nutrition impairs lymphotoxin β receptor signaling via NF-κB.
- Authors: Lan J, Heneghan AF, Sano Y, Jonker MA, Omata J, Xu W, Pierre JF, Kudsk KA
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Mouse aorta smooth muscle cells differentiate into lymphoid tissue organizer-like cells on combined tumor necrosis factor receptor-1/lymphotoxin beta-receptor NF-kappaB signaling.
- Authors: Lötzer K, Döpping S, Connert S, Gräbner R, Spanbroek R, Lemser B, Beer M, Hildner M, Hehlgans T, van der Wall M, Mebius RE, Lovas A, Randolph GJ, Weih F, Habenicht AJ
- Issue date: 2010 Mar