JournalFrontiers in Pharmacology
PublisherFrontiers Media S.A.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe interaction between drugs and various transporters is one of the decisive factors that affect the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs. The organic cation transporter 1 (OCT1) is a member of the Solute Carrier 22A (SLC22A) family that plays a vital role in the membrane transport of organic cations including endogenous substances and xenobiotics. This article mainly discusses the drug-drug interactions (DDIs) mediated by OCT1 and their clinical significance.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 Zhou, Zeng and Shu.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14974
- Interaction between the zebrafish (Danio rerio) organic cation transporter 1 (Oct1) and endo- and xenobiotics.
- Authors: Mihaljević I, Popović M, Žaja R, Maraković N, Šinko G, Smital T
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- The Nonmetabolized β-Blocker Nadolol Is a Substrate of OCT1, OCT2, MATE1, MATE2-K, and P-Glycoprotein, but Not of OATP1B1 and OATP1B3.
- Authors: Misaka S, Knop J, Singer K, Hoier E, Keiser M, Müller F, Glaeser H, König J, Fromm MF
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 1
- Organic cation transporter/solute carrier family 22a is involved in drug transfer into milk in mice.
- Authors: Ito N, Ito K, Ikebuchi Y, Kito T, Miyata H, Toyoda Y, Takada T, Hisaka A, Honma M, Oka A, Kusuhara H, Suzuki H
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Raltegravir has a low propensity to cause clinical drug interactions through inhibition of major drug transporters: an in vitro evaluation.
- Authors: Rizk ML, Houle R, Chan GH, Hafey M, Rhee EG, Chu X
- Issue date: 2014
- Evaluation of <i>para</i>-Aminosalicylic Acid as a Substrate of Multiple Solute Carrier Uptake Transporters and Possible Drug Interactions with Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs <i>In Vitro</i>.
- Authors: Parvez MM, Shin HJ, Jung JA, Shin JG
- Issue date: 2017 May