Association of COVID-19 With Race and Socioeconomic Factors in Family Medicine
JournalJournal of the American Board of Family Medicine : JABFM
PublisherAmerican Board of Family Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCompared with white non-Hispanic patients, the odds of COVID-19 detection were higher in black non-Hispanic (odds ratio [OR] = 1.75; 95% CI, 1.18-2.59, P = .0052) and Hispanic patients (OR = 5.40; 95% CI, 3.11-9.38, P < .0001). The latent class analysis revealed additional patterns in health disparities. Patients living in the areas with Area Deprivation Index 8-10 who were predominantly black had higher risk for SARS CoV-2 infection compared with patients living in less socioeconomically deprived areas who were predominantly white (OR = 1.68; 95% CI, 1.25-2.28; P = .0007).
Rights/Terms© Copyright 2021 by the American Board of Family Medicine.
KeywordCOVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
Health Information Exchange
Latent Class Analysis
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14970
- Patterns of COVID-19 testing and mortality by race and ethnicity among United States veterans: A nationwide cohort study.
- Authors: Rentsch CT, Kidwai-Khan F, Tate JP, Park LS, King JT Jr, Skanderson M, Hauser RG, Schultze A, Jarvis CI, Holodniy M, Lo Re V 3rd, Akgün KM, Crothers K, Taddei TH, Freiberg MS, Justice AC
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- Racial and ethnic disparities in SARS-CoV-2 pandemic: analysis of a COVID-19 observational registry for a diverse US metropolitan population.
- Authors: Vahidy FS, Nicolas JC, Meeks JR, Khan O, Pan A, Jones SL, Masud F, Sostman HD, Phillips R, Andrieni JD, Kash BA, Nasir K
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 11
- Racial and/or Ethnic and Socioeconomic Disparities of SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among Children.
- Authors: Goyal MK, Simpson JN, Boyle MD, Badolato GM, Delaney M, McCarter R, Cora-Bramble D
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Association of Race and Ethnicity With Comorbidities and Survival Among Patients With COVID-19 at an Urban Medical Center in New York.
- Authors: Kabarriti R, Brodin NP, Maron MI, Guha C, Kalnicki S, Garg MK, Racine AD
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 1
- Racial and Ethnic Digital Divides in Posting COVID-19 Content on Social Media Among US Adults: Secondary Survey Analysis.
- Authors: Campos-Castillo C, Laestadius LI
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 3