Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) as an adverse event following immunization: Case definition & guidelines for data collection, analysis, and presentation of immunization safety data
AuthorSerazin, Nathan A
Williams, Sarah R
Ortiz, Justin R
Das, Manoj Kumar
Edwards, Kathryn M
Parida, Shreemanta K
Wartel, T Anh
Munoz, Flor M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis is a Brighton Collaboration Case Definition of the term “Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome – ARDS” to be utilized in the evaluation of adverse events following immunization. The Case Definition was developed by a group of experts convened by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) in the context of active development of vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and other emerging pathogens. The case definition format of the Brighton Collaboration was followed to develop a consensus definition and defined levels of certainty, after an exhaustive review of the literature and expert consultation. The document underwent peer review by the Brighton Collaboration Network and by selected Expert Reviewers prior to submission. The comments of the reviewers were taken into consideration and edits incorporated in this final manuscript. © 2021 The Authors
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Ltd.. All rights reserved.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14811
- Vaccine-associated enhanced disease: Case definition and guidelines for data collection, analysis, and presentation of immunization safety data.
- Authors: Munoz FM, Cramer JP, Dekker CL, Dudley MZ, Graham BS, Gurwith M, Law B, Perlman S, Polack FP, Spergel JM, Van Braeckel E, Ward BJ, Didierlaurent AM, Lambert PH, Brighton Collaboration Vaccine-associated Enhanced Disease Working Group.
- Issue date: 2021 May 21
- Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children and adults (MIS-C/A): Case definition & guidelines for data collection, analysis, and presentation of immunization safety data.
- Authors: Vogel TP, Top KA, Karatzios C, Hilmers DC, Tapia LI, Moceri P, Giovannini-Chami L, Wood N, Chandler RE, Klein NP, Schlaudecker EP, Poli MC, Muscal E, Munoz FM
- Issue date: 2021 May 21
- Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) as an adverse event following immunization (AEFI): Case definition & guidelines for data collection, analysis, and presentation of immunization safety data.
- Authors: Carol Liu YC, Ibekwe T, Kelso JM, Klein NP, Shehu N, Steuerwald W, Aneja S, Dudley MZ, Garry R, Munoz FM, Brighton Collaboration SNHL Working Group.
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 19
- Consensus summary report for CEPI/BC March 12-13, 2020 meeting: Assessment of risk of disease enhancement with COVID-19 vaccines.
- Authors: Lambert PH, Ambrosino DM, Andersen SR, Baric RS, Black SB, Chen RT, Dekker CL, Didierlaurent AM, Graham BS, Martin SD, Molrine DC, Perlman S, Picard-Fraser PA, Pollard AJ, Qin C, Subbarao K, Cramer JP
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 26