Knowledge-based planning in robotic intracranial stereotactic radiosurgery treatments
Tam Truong, Minh
JournalJournal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics
PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractForty CyberKnife SRS/SRT plans were retrospectively used to build a linear KBP model which correlated the equivalent radius of the PTV (req_PTV ) and the equivalent radius of volume that receives a set of prescription dose (req_Vi , where Vi = V10% , V20% … V120% ). To evaluate the model's predictability, a fourfold cross-validation was performed for dosimetric indices such as gradient measure (GM) and brain V50% . The accuracy of the prediction was quantified by the mean and the standard deviation of the difference between planned and predicted values, (i.e., ΔGM = GMpred - GMclin and fractional ΔV50% = (V50%pred - V50%clin )/V50%clin ) and a coefficient of determination, R2 . Then, the KBP model was incorporated into the planning for another 22 clinical cases. The training plans and the KBP test plans were compared in terms of the new conformity index (nCI) as well as the planning efficiency.
Rights/Terms© 2021 The Authors. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of American Association of Physicists in Medicine.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14805
- Knowledge-based prediction of plan quality metrics in intracranial stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Authors: Shiraishi S, Tan J, Olsen LA, Moore KL
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Heuristic knowledge-based planning for single-isocenter stereotactic radiosurgery to multiple brain metastases.
- Authors: Ziemer BP, Sanghvi P, Hattangadi-Gluth J, Moore KL
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Standardization of volumetric modulated arc therapy-based frameless stereotactic technique using a multidimensional ensemble-aided knowledge-based planning.
- Authors: Sarkar B, Munshi A, Ganesh T, Manikandan A, Anbazhagan SK, Mohanti BK
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Assessment of Monte Carlo algorithm for compliance with RTOG 0915 dosimetric criteria in peripheral lung cancer patients treated with stereotactic body radiotherapy.
- Authors: Pokhrel D, Sood S, Badkul R, Jiang H, McClinton C, Lominska C, Kumar P, Wang F
- Issue date: 2016 May 8
- Do technological advances in linear accelerators improve dosimetric outcomes in stereotaxy? A head-on comparison of seven linear accelerators using volumetric modulated arc therapy-based stereotactic planning.
- Authors: Sarkar B, Pradhan A, Munshi A
- Issue date: 2016 Jan-Mar