Incidence and Severity of Drug Interactions Before and After Switching Antiretroviral Therapy to Bictegravir/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide in Treatment-Experienced Patients
AuthorSchafer, Jason J
Pandit, Neha S
Sherman, Elizabeth M
Keith, Scott W
JournalOpen Forum Infectious Diseases
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis was a multicenter retrospective cohort study of PWH on ART and at least 1 concomitant medication (CM) who switched to BIC/FTC/TAF between 3/2018 and 6/2019. Using the University of Liverpool's HIV Drug Interaction Database, 2 DDI analyses were performed for each patient. The first assessed patients' preswitch ART regimens with their CM list. The second assessed the same CM list with BIC/FTC/TAF. Each ART-CM combination was given a score of 0 (no or potential weak interaction), 1 (potential interaction), or 2 (contraindicated interaction). A paired t test analyzed changes in total DDI scores following ART switches, and linear regression examined factors contributing to DDI score reductions.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2020. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14762
- Switching to bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide maintained HIV-1 RNA suppression in participants with archived antiretroviral resistance including M184V/I.
- Authors: Andreatta K, Willkom M, Martin R, Chang S, Wei L, Liu H, Liu YP, Graham H, Quirk E, Martin H, White KL
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 1
- Weight Change and Predictors of Weight Change Among Patients Initiated on Darunavir/Cobicistat/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide or Bictegravir/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide: A Real-World Retrospective Study.
- Authors: Emond B, Rossi C, Côté-Sergent A, Dunn K, Lefebvre P, Lafeuille MH, Donga P
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 14
- Impact of switching to TAF/FTC/RPV, TAF/FTC/EVG/cobi and ABC/3TC/DTG on cardiovascular risk and lipid profile in people living with HIV: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Giacomelli A, Conti F, Pezzati L, Oreni L, Ridolfo AL, Morena V, Bonazzetti C, Pagani G, Formenti T, Galli M, Rusconi S
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 22
- Brief Report: Pharmacokinetics of Bictegravir and Tenofovir in Combination With Darunavir/Cobicistat in Treatment-Experienced Persons With HIV.
- Authors: Salama E, Hill L, Patel N, Best BM, Momper JD
- Issue date: 2021 Dec 1
- Treatment initiation or switch to BIC/FTC/TAF - real-world safety and efficacy data from two HIV centers in Romania.
- Authors: Săndulescu O, Irimia M, Benea OE, Mărdărescu M, Preoțescu LL, Dorobăț CM, Loghin II, Nicolau IC, Jipa RE, Popescu RȘ, Benea CL, Cozma A, Dărămuș IA, Miron VD, Prisăcariu LJ, Bahnă AF, Nistor I, Secrieru OM, George S, Bîrcă A, Dobrea L, Șogorescu AȘ, Viziteu I, Streinu-Cercel A
- Issue date: 2021 Dec