Incidence and Severity of Drug Interactions Before and After Switching Antiretroviral Therapy to Bictegravir/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide in Treatment-Experienced Patients
AuthorSchafer, Jason J
Pandit, Neha S
Sherman, Elizabeth M
Keith, Scott W
JournalOpen Forum Infectious Diseases
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis was a multicenter retrospective cohort study of PWH on ART and at least 1 concomitant medication (CM) who switched to BIC/FTC/TAF between 3/2018 and 6/2019. Using the University of Liverpool's HIV Drug Interaction Database, 2 DDI analyses were performed for each patient. The first assessed patients' preswitch ART regimens with their CM list. The second assessed the same CM list with BIC/FTC/TAF. Each ART-CM combination was given a score of 0 (no or potential weak interaction), 1 (potential interaction), or 2 (contraindicated interaction). A paired t test analyzed changes in total DDI scores following ART switches, and linear regression examined factors contributing to DDI score reductions.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2020. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14762
- Weight Change and Predictors of Weight Change Among Patients Initiated on Darunavir/Cobicistat/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide or Bictegravir/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide: A Real-World Retrospective Study.
- Authors: Emond B, Rossi C, Côté-Sergent A, Dunn K, Lefebvre P, Lafeuille MH, Donga P
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 14
- Body mass index increase and weight gain among people living with HIV-1 initiated on single-tablet darunavir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide or bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide in the United States.
- Authors: Emond B, Rossi C, Côté-Sergent A, Bookhart B, Anderson D, Lefebvre P, Lafeuille MH, Donga P
- Issue date: 2021 Nov 23
- [Effectiveness, safety, and economic impact of the bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide regimen in real clinical practice cohort of HIV-1 infected adult patients].
- Authors: Gutiérrez-Lorenzo M, Rubio-Calvo D, Urda-Romacho J
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Brief Report: Pharmacokinetics of Bictegravir and Tenofovir in Combination With Darunavir/Cobicistat in Treatment-Experienced Persons With HIV.
- Authors: Salama E, Hill L, Patel N, Best BM, Momper JD
- Issue date: 2021 Dec 1
- Meta-Analysis of Efficacy and Safety of Coformulated Bictegravir, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir Alafenamide Among People Living with HIV.
- Authors: Chen IW, Sun HY, Hung CC
- Issue date: 2021 Sep