Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Antibody Status in Decedents Undergoing Forensic Postmortem Examination in Maryland, May 24 to June 30, 2020
AuthorAlthoff, Keri N
Coburn, Sally B
Baker, Owen R
Quinn, Thomas C
Shields, Wendy C
Thomas, F Dennis
Graham, Lindsey A
Manabe, Yukari C
JournalOpen Forum Infectious Diseases
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSeroprevalence of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) antibodies was 10% among the subset of decedents undergoing forensic postmortem examination in June in Maryland. Decedents of motor vehicle crashes had similar seroprevalence compared with those with a natural death (including decedents with SARS-CoV-2 infection). Decedents of motor vehicle crashes may be a sentinel surveillance population. © 2020 The Author(s) 2020.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2020. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14761
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Antibody Seroprevalence in Decedents Undergoing Forensic Postmortem Examination: Feasibility for Real-Time Pandemic Surveillance.
- Authors: Coburn SB, Manabe YC, Laeyendecker O, Sherman SG, Baker OR, Quinn TC, Graham LA, Dennis Thomas F, Southall P, Weedn VW, Ehsani J, Klock E, Li R, Shields WC, Michael JP, Li L, Althoff KN
- Issue date: 2022 May
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Surveillance in Decedents in a Large, Urban Medical Examiner's Office.
- Authors: Brouwer AF, Myers JL, Martin ET, Konopka KE, Lauring AS, Eisenberg MC, Lephart PR, Nguyen T, Jaworski A, Schmidt CJ
- Issue date: 2021 May 18
- Postmortem CT in decedents with SARS-CoV-2 infection. A single institution experience.
- Authors: Thomas M, Abtin F, Roth A, Yim C, Pahwa A, Paige J, Ukpo O
- Issue date: 2022
- Utility of CDC Screening Guidelines and Autopsy Findings in Identifying Decedents Who Die of SARS-CoV-2 Infection.
- Authors: Konopka KE, Nguyen T, Hlavaty L, Rayes O, Schmidt CJ, Dahl J, Myers JL
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 1
- Seroprevalence of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection among Veterans Affairs healthcare system employees suggests higher risk of infection when exposed to SARS-CoV-2 outside the work environment.
- Authors: Dimcheff DE, Schildhouse RJ, Hausman MS, Vincent BM, Markovitz E, Chensue SW, Deng J, McLeod M, Hagan D, Russell J, Bradley SF
- Issue date: 2021 Apr