Intubation rate of patients with hypoxia due to COVID-19 treated with awake proning: A meta-analysis.
Tran, Quincy K
JournalAmerican Journal of Emergency Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOur search identified 1043 articles. We included 16 studies from the original search and 2 in-press as of October 2020 in our analysis. All were observational studies. Our analysis included 364 patients; mean age was 56.8 (SD 7.12) years, and 68% were men. The intubation rate was 28% (95% CI 20%-38%, I2 = 63%). The mortality rate among patients who underwent awake PP was 14% (95% CI 7.4%-24.4%). Potential sources of heterogeneity were study design and setting (practice and geographic).
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14694
- Awake prone positioning does not reduce the risk of intubation in COVID-19 treated with high-flow nasal oxygen therapy: a multicenter, adjusted cohort study.
- Authors: Ferrando C, Mellado-Artigas R, Gea A, Arruti E, Aldecoa C, Adalia R, Ramasco F, Monedero P, Maseda E, Tamayo G, Hernández-Sanz ML, Mercadal J, Martín-Grande A, Kacmarek RM, Villar J, Suárez-Sipmann F, COVID-19 Spanish ICU Network.
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 6
- The efficacy and tolerance of prone positioning in non-intubation patients with acute hypoxemic respiratory failure and ARDS: a meta-analysis.
- Authors: Tan W, Xu DY, Xu MJ, Wang ZF, Dai B, Li LL, Zhao HW, Wang W, Kang J
- Issue date: 2021 Jan-Dec
- Awake prone positioning in patients with hypoxemic respiratory failure due to COVID-19: the PROFLO multicenter randomized clinical trial.
- Authors: Rosén J, von Oelreich E, Fors D, Jonsson Fagerlund M, Taxbro K, Skorup P, Eby L, Campoccia Jalde F, Johansson N, Bergström G, Frykholm P, PROFLO Study Group.
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 14
- Awake prone positioning in non-intubated patients for the management of hypoxemia in COVID-19: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Pb S, Mittal S, Madan K, Mohan A, Tiwari P, Hadda V, Pandey RM, Guleria R
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 22
- Predictive factors for success of awake proning in hypoxemic respiratory failure secondary to COVID-19: A retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Cherian SV, Li C, Roche B, Reyes SA, Karanth S, Lal AP, Aisenberg GM, Estrada-Y-Martin RM
- Issue date: 2021 May