Discrepancies in periodontitis classification among dental practitioners with different educational backgrounds.
JournalBMC Oral Health
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis cross-sectional observational study included two cohorts: dental practitioners with periodontal backgrounds (n1 = 31) and those with other educational backgrounds (n2 = 33). The survey instrument contained three periodontitis cases presented with the guideline of the 2018 classification and a questionnaire including closed and open-ended questions. The participants were asked to review each case and to fill out the questionnaire independently. Fisher's exact test was conducted to examine the differences in responses between the two cohorts. Polychoric correlations were calculated to examine the relation between the level of familiarity with the 2018 classification and the accuracy of the classification.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14685
- Periodontal diagnosis in private dental practice: a case-based survey.
- Authors: Bailey DL, Barrow SY, Cvetkovic B, Musolino R, Wise SL, Yung C, Darby I
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- The new periodontal disease classification: Level of agreement on diagnoses and treatment planning at various dental education levels.
- Authors: Abou-Arraj RV, Kaur M, Alkhoury S, Swain TA, Geurs NC, Souccar NM
- Issue date: 2021 May 5
- Provision of treatment for periodontitis in Norway in 2013 - a national profile.
- Authors: Fardal Ø, Skau I, Rongen G, Heasman P, Grytten J
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Periodontal diagnosis affected by variation in terminology.
- Authors: Martin JA, Grill AC, Matthews AG, Vena D, Thompson VP, Craig RG, Curro FA
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Periodontal manifestations of systemic diseases and developmental and acquired conditions: Consensus report of workgroup 3 of the 2017 World Workshop on the Classification of Periodontal and Peri-Implant Diseases and Conditions.
- Authors: Jepsen S, Caton JG, Albandar JM, Bissada NF, Bouchard P, Cortellini P, Demirel K, de Sanctis M, Ercoli C, Fan J, Geurs NC, Hughes FJ, Jin L, Kantarci A, Lalla E, Madianos PN, Matthews D, McGuire MK, Mills MP, Preshaw PM, Reynolds MA, Sculean A, Susin C, West NX, Yamazaki K
- Issue date: 2018 Jun