Tarlo, Susan M
de la Hoz, Rafael E
JournalAmerican Journal of Industrial Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe impact of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 permeates all aspects of society worldwide. Initial medical reports and media coverage have increased awareness of the risk imposed on healthcare workers in particular, during this pandemic. However, the health implications of COVID-19 for the global workforce are multifaceted and complex, warranting careful reflection and consideration to mitigate the adverse effects on workers worldwide. Accordingly, our review offers a framework for considering this topic, highlighting key issues, with the aim to prompt and inform action, including research, to minimize the occupational hazards imposed by this ongoing challenge. We address respiratory disease as a primary concern, while recognizing the multisystem spectrum of COVID-19-related disease and how clinical aspects are interwoven with broader socioeconomic forces.
Rights/Terms© 2021 Wiley Periodicals LLC.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14672
- COVID-19 Outbreak in Italy: Protecting Worker Health and the Response of the Italian Industrial Hygienists Association.
- Authors: Spinazzè A, Cattaneo A, Cavallo DM
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 1
- Surgical Smoke in the Era of the COVID-19 Pandemic-Is It Time to Reconsider Policies on Smoke Evacuation?
- Authors: Pavlinec J, Su LM
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Why did the world's pandemic warning system fail when COVID hit?
- Authors: Maxmen A
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Elective, Non-urgent Procedures and Aesthetic Surgery in the Wake of SARS-COVID-19: Considerations Regarding Safety, Feasibility and Impact on Clinical Management.
- Authors: Kaye K, Paprottka F, Escudero R, Casabona G, Montes J, Fakin R, Moke L, Stasch T, Richter D, Benito-Ruiz J
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Low seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers of the largest children hospital in Milan during the pandemic wave.
- Authors: Amendola A, Tanzi E, Folgori L, Barcellini L, Bianchi S, Gori M, Cammi G, Albani E, Zuccotti GV
- Issue date: 2020 Dec