Profile of entrectinib in the treatment of ROS1-positive non-small cell lung cancer: Evidence to date
JournalHematology/ Oncology and Stem Cell Therapy
PublisherKing Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractROS proto-oncogene 1 (ROS1) encodes a type I integral membrane protein with tyrosine kinase activity and whose activating alterations are involved in the aggressiveness of several tumor types. Fusions involving ROS1 gene are present in 1-2% of lung adenocarcinomas and other solid tumors. Entrectinib, also known as RXDX-101, is a potent second-generation, multitarget oral inhibitor against NTRK1, NTRK2, NTRK3, ALK, and ROS1 with the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier. Results of Phase I and II trials have led the Food and Drug Administration to grant approval to entrectinib for the treatment of patients with metastatic, ROS1-positive non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). In this review, we will describe the biology of ROS1, as well as results of the efficacy and safety of different clinical trials evaluating entrectinib in ROS1-positive NSCLC. Copyright 2020 King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14623
- Entrectinib for the treatment of metastatic NSCLC: safety and efficacy.
- Authors: Sartore-Bianchi A, Pizzutilo EG, Marrapese G, Tosi F, Cerea G, Siena S
- Issue date: 2020 May
- How selecting best upfront therapy for metastatic disease?-Focus on ROS1-rearranged disease.
- Authors: Landi L, Cappuzzo F
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Entrectinib: a potent new TRK, ROS1, and ALK inhibitor.
- Authors: Rolfo C, Ruiz R, Giovannetti E, Gil-Bazo I, Russo A, Passiglia F, Giallombardo M, Peeters M, Raez L
- Issue date: 2015
- Safety and Antitumor Activity of the Multitargeted Pan-TRK, ROS1, and ALK Inhibitor Entrectinib: Combined Results from Two Phase I Trials (ALKA-372-001 and STARTRK-1).
- Authors: Drilon A, Siena S, Ou SI, Patel M, Ahn MJ, Lee J, Bauer TM, Farago AF, Wheler JJ, Liu SV, Doebele R, Giannetta L, Cerea G, Marrapese G, Schirru M, Amatu A, Bencardino K, Palmeri L, Sartore-Bianchi A, Vanzulli A, Cresta S, Damian S, Duca M, Ardini E, Li G, Christiansen J, Kowalski K, Johnson AD, Patel R, Luo D, Chow-Maneval E, Hornby Z, Multani PS, Shaw AT, De Braud FG
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Profile of entrectinib and its potential in the treatment of ROS1-positive NSCLC: evidence to date.
- Authors: Facchinetti F, Friboulet L
- Issue date: 2019