Effect of time restricted eating on body weight and fasting glucose in participants with obesity: results of a randomized, controlled, virtual clinical trial
JournalNutrition & Diabetes
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis 8-week, randomized, controlled, clinical trial included men and women (BMI ≥ 30 kg/m2) between June and October 2020. Study procedures were conducted remotely. Participants were randomized to 14:10 or 12-h TRE (12:12, active comparator) and prescribed a diet (controlled for calories and macronutrient composition) and exercise program that included weekly customized counseling and support. The primary outcome was change from baseline in body weight in the 14:10 group.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14487
- Effect of Alternate-Day Fasting on Weight Loss, Weight Maintenance, and Cardioprotection Among Metabolically Healthy Obese Adults: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Trepanowski JF, Kroeger CM, Barnosky A, Klempel MC, Bhutani S, Hoddy KK, Gabel K, Freels S, Rigdon J, Rood J, Ravussin E, Varady KA
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 1
- Effects of Time-Restricted Eating on Weight Loss and Other Metabolic Parameters in Women and Men With Overweight and Obesity: The TREAT Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Lowe DA, Wu N, Rohdin-Bibby L, Moore AH, Kelly N, Liu YE, Philip E, Vittinghoff E, Heymsfield SB, Olgin JE, Shepherd JA, Weiss EJ
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 1
- The effect of weight management interventions that include a diet component on weight-related outcomes in pregnant and postpartum women: a systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Spencer L, Rollo M, Hauck Y, MacDonald-Wicks L, Wood L, Hutchesson M, Giglia R, Smith R, Collins C
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Determinants of Adherence in Time-Restricted Feeding in Older Adults: Lessons from a Pilot Study.
- Authors: Lee SA, Sypniewski C, Bensadon BA, McLaren C, Donahoo WT, Sibille KT, Anton S
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 24