Exposure to different fractions of diesel exhaust PM induces different levels of pulmonary inflammation and acute phase response
JournalEcotoxicology and Environmental Safety
PublisherAcademic Press Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAmbient fine particulate matter (PM2.5) consists of various components, and their respective contributions to the toxicity of PM2.5 remains to be determined. To provide specific recommendations for preventing adverse effects due to PM2.5 pollution, we determined whether the induction of pulmonary inflammation, the putative pathogenesis for the morbidity and mortality due to PM2.5 exposure, was fractioned through solubility-dependent fractioning.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14435
- Differential Roles of Water-Insoluble and Water-Soluble Fractions of Diesel Exhaust Particles in the Development of Adverse Health Effects Due to Chronic Instillation of Diesel Exhaust Particles.
- Authors: Xu Y, Li Z, Liu Y, Pan B, Peng R, Shao W, Yang W, Chen M, Kan H, Ying Z, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2021 Dec 20
- Toll like receptor-3 priming alters diesel exhaust particle-induced cytokine responses in human bronchial epithelial cells.
- Authors: Bach NS, Låg M, Øvrevik J
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 3
- Cytokine responses induced by diesel exhaust particles are suppressed by PAR-2 silencing and antioxidant treatment, and driven by polar and non-polar soluble constituents.
- Authors: Bach N, Bølling AK, Brinchmann BC, Totlandsdal AI, Skuland T, Holme JA, Låg M, Schwarze PE, Øvrevik J
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 14
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis mediates ambient PM<sub>2.5</sub> exposure-induced pulmonary inflammation.
- Authors: Pan B, Chen M, Zhang X, Liang S, Qin X, Qiu L, Cao Q, Peng R, Tao S, Li Z, Zhu Y, Kan H, Xu Y, Ying Z
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 15
- Effect of ozone on diesel exhaust particle toxicity in rat lung.
- Authors: Madden MC, Richards JH, Dailey LA, Hatch GE, Ghio AJ
- Issue date: 2000 Oct 15